Friday 27 April 2007

Went to the doctors

I had an appointment at the doctor' this morning. I asat there explaining how and when the eye problem started but she wasn't interested. She told me I was over-analysing (me?) it and that it was eczema around the eye and we just had to get it cleared up. She wasn't intrested in the fact that I'd never suffered from eczema before and that it coincided with starting the packs. She said she was really proud of the way I had lost the weight and that I was keeping on - some consolation, I suppose.

So, I'm on Dermacort, a hydrocortisone cream, twice a day until it clears up. Great! Why it happened I don't know. It's really itchy and I feel like a pariah - I don't want to go out or see people. It's a good thing the sun was out this afternoon as I could go round to the newsagent with my sunspecs on. I still felt a little silly in the shop with them on though.

We have John's brother and wife coming for Sunday lunch. I'm not looking forward to the comments (not sarky, but just things like I should be doing this or that to lose weight, not the sort I've been doing, you now the thing).

Off to work in the morning. Out comes the war paint again.

Sorry, a little down at the moment. I'm tired and fed up with the eye problems and I also heard this afternoon of a death (hence the trip to the newsagent for a card) . She was an old lady and I think she died in her sleep but she was lovely. Lizzie had a little weep when I told her as she was always so nice to Liz.

Hope everyone has a good weeekend.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cheer up Chris a big hug for you (hugs) it is always sad when someone dies........ luv your picture it was a nice idea this flower business I think it is catching on quick now. have a good one xx

Lesley said...

I hope the sunshine cheers you up and the cream clears up your eyes. I also hope that you don't have any moe new and exciting ailments for a long time!! I'm beginning to think you're just showing off!!!

Have a great weekend and keep it up.

(((((((big hug))))))))

Lesley x

. said...

Well I'm glad you saw the doctor but to be honest I wish she'd arranged for some tests for you == if she'd have seen you at your worst she would have done - maybe you should have taken your photos in she might have done.

You don't listen to anyone who has anything bad to say - you've done amazingly well and nothing should be said against all that you've done. If they do say anything just do the nod, smile and ignore - that usually works for me.

(((big hugs)))

Cath
x