Thursday 12 April 2007

Still in ketosis - hooray!

Heather gave me a couple of ketosis sticks last Sunday. I was a little nervous about using them as I was afraid I wouldn't be in ketosis and that would mean I'd have to go along the old tried, but not truly trusted, route to losing this weight. I plucked up courage to 'wee on the stick' though this morning and am happy to report that I'm still in ketosis. I thought I must be as I've not been hungry, but it's the old lack of confidence rearing it's ugly head again that held me back. It's great to be in ketosis, but the reading did show that I'm quite dehydrated so it's back to knocking back 3-4 litres of water again, I suppose. Ugh! I'd got used to not having to drink so much on Cambridge but I must say it's a lot easier to drink in quantity than when I first started LighterLife. I'm sure everyone else feels the same.

The diet I'm following at the moment is based on the initial foods allowed once we start eating food on the Maintenance programmes in both LighterLife and Cambridge - protein (chicken, fish, cottage cheese, tofu, lean meats), salad leaves, green vegetables. I'm keeping the Atkins Diet in mind but avoiding any of the high fats eg. butter or cream.

I'm not eating any processed foods at all. Only drinking water, black decaf coffee and the odd peppermint tea.

Things are going well at the moment and long may it continue. I haven't weighed myself since Monday which is a little funny really as when I was on the CD or LL I was on the scales each morning without fail. I think that's because when I was on the packs I knew I was going to lose weight, I wasn't going to gain, and it was just a bit of a boost to see the scales change every few days. And the days they didn't change, that wasn't a problem as I knew it would happen, probably the following day. It was like a 'game' watching the change. But now, my weightloss is in my own hands - that's a lot more worrying. I don't want to take the chance of jumping on the scales and finding a gain one day or several days where there would be no change. That's the road to DISASTER!

I shall just continue as I have been over the last week. Night all!

2 comments:

Lesley said...

That sounds a very healthy diet and I'm glad you're still in ketosis as it is a v useful diet tool. Well done Chris for bouncing back after all the trials - you've been so stoic about it all. I'm sure this new chapter will be just as sucessful as the lst 2!

Lesley x

. said...

Chris, that's such good news about the ketosis, and with the foods your eating the weight will still come off you.

You've shown so much determination, you def deserve a big pat on the back :)

Cath
x