Saturday 7 April 2007

Thanks, Thanks and Thanks....

Lesley, Cath and Melanie, thank you so much for your lovely comments. You don't realise how much you cheered me up with your support. I could have put pictures up earlier to show the state of me (if I got round to learning how to do it) but I wasn't in that safe place where I would be able to leave myself open to possible ridicule (altho' I should have known I would get nothing but sympathy from all my 'friends'). I wil admit as well that it has only got this bad since last Sunday: it definitely wasn't as widespread when I had the problem on LighterLife.

Anyway, I didn't go to work today and I've just told John I probably won't go to Church in the morning. He wasn't too keen on that - he's a bit 'victorian' on attendance, particularly where Lizzie's concerned. He said I could just put some makeup on! Oh, yeah!! I think he just wants a lift there and back - well I can do that, but I'm NOT going in - I couldn't take it.

Today I've carried on drinking the water but I think I'll have to cut back a bit. Yesterday I drank my normal 2 to 3 litres and I lost count of the number of times I got up to go to the loo last night. It doesn't make sense, I hardly got up in the night when on the packs properly - maybe once a night.

It's funny, but I actually feel as though I've got a little more energy today. I really didn't feel the energy boost whilst doing the diet. I couldn't work out where you were all getting your vim from - Lesley with her runs over the hills, Mel on treks with Jacob, Cath at the gym, Claire with the salsa classes, Wendy out with the dogs. I could just about go to work and come home again in the evening. John said I should have a go at my DVDs (and I've got quite a few) which this time last year I was going at everyday (you can see they worked! - not!) but I just didn't have the moivation, let alone the energy. I've even got a step machine with resistance bands sitting in the corner of the living room which I couldn't be bothered to move to the centre of the room. This diet must have really sapped my strength. Well, I'm beginning to feel more able - so you never know, that stepper may get moved to the middle of the room....lol

5 comments:

Lesley said...

Yes!! - the exercise bug has entered the room - it hasn't actually done anything yet but it's there!! We will want evidence of exercise taken you know - photographic of course!!

Good on you for sticking to the straight and narrow and keep it up. These blogs really are so helpful aren't they?

Lesley x

. said...

I'm glad you didn't go to work, least you've now got another few days to let it all die down.

Good to hear that your 'get up and go' has shown up, get John to move the stepper for you (don't want you to overdo it!) and then you just have a play on it with Lizzie - should be good fun for you both.

Cath
x

SoonBeSlim... It's True! said...

Hi Chris,

I am really sorry to hear that CD is also not agreeing with you, your eyes look so sore!

You have already had a great weight loss and it's brill you are still going to keep doing the biz.

I have done food doctor diet, have all the books and think he is brill. I had good weight loss with the plan, but most of all it was a really balanced and healthy way of eating for life. to be honest I hope this way of eating will fit in with LL when I get to goal as we all like the meals as a family. Even the girls love pumpkins seeds!

Take good care of yourself and keep us posted. You will get there.

Sam xx

endlost

Claire Elliott said...

Hi Chris

For some reason my system keeps timing out when I try to leave you a comment and even whilst I'm writing this I think I might lose it so I'm typing as fast as I can (which is a bit crap at my own admission). Anyway can not believe what you're having to endure, your eyes look so sore, I think I would be off for the month!! My goodness.. Your photographs are great, it is so obvious your weight loss, to be 12 stone anything must be fabulous however slightly tainted by the problems you're having. I must say you seem to keep going regardless which is to be admired! I'm pleased you're going to try something else, especially as you're half way there!! I have been reading Melanie's blog and she has some good ideas.. I hope everything goes ok. Chris and I have finished salsa now (I missed it actually, as it forced me to do something). I now, like yourself am having to force myself to do something else. I had an exercise bike for 5 years and got on it 3 times.... My body is just not cut out for it!! Anyway I hope you get sorted and your eyes get better. My Dad has a skin condition that no Doctor seemed able to 'fix' and he tried a Chinese herbalist and they gave him teabags that required boiling daily and then needed to be applied to the area, they did absolute wonders, just a thought..
Sorry to take up all the page,(a few comments into one, lets hope it lets me post it) hope things get better.

Lots of love

Claire :o)

Claire Elliott said...

Yippee it worked,
Take care

Claire x