Tuesday 17 April 2007

I shall get dehydrated.....

If I'm not careful I'm going to get dehydrated again. I've been really busy at work and only managed to drink less than 1/2 litre of water all day. I'm at home now trying to sling it down my neck - and feeling rather sick. I'm no good at drinking lots of water - that's why it was so good when I went over to Cambridge as you don't need to drink so much on their diet.

Even though I felt rather down at only losing 3/4lb last week, the girls at work said straight away that the losses were really showing. I hadn't seen Angela for 2 weeks and she said that I looked obviouly slimmer - ooh, I dooo like that girl!

I read an atrticle about being in ketosis on the Internet and the chap was saying that because you lose body fat and not muscle tissue, as in low fat diets, then your body shape actually changes and becomes more toned. On low fat diets or calorie restricted diets you lose muscle tissue and your shape doesn't actually change -if you had a beer belly then you still have a beer belly, albeit a little smaller and if you have a big butt you will have a smaller big butt.

Maybe this is why the weightloss is noticable over the last week or so even though I haven't actualy lost a lot on the scales. As I said before, you don't carry the scales around to show off your losses, it's so much better to see your figure conform to the shape you want. I put a short-sleeved top on last Tuesday and it was a little snug around the arms (so I kept my jacket on). 7 days on, the same top is more roomy around the arms (and it has been washed, so not stretched through wear). So only 3/4lbs loss on the scales, but so much more in the body. This showed at the few weighins I had on the Cambridge Diet. Each week Jackie not only weighed me but measured the wasist - I was averaging 1-11/2ins per week. Definitely something I will keep in mind if the weightloss is slower dieting as I now am.

3 comments:

Lesley said...

I seem to go in stages. The weight comes off steadily but the recognition and the "feeling" slimmer comes in big steps. I've just been through a big one and have bought new clothes and had loads of people commenting on how much slimmer I look so I'm steeling myself for a few weeks of not much change.

It is nice when the next step happens though - I feel like a celebrity round the office sometimes!!

Take care Chris - it'll come.

Lesley x

SoonBeSlim... It's True! said...

It's nice when the clothes tell you the diet is working.

Sometimes I think this is more important in my head then the scales as still like to convince myself it's all a conspiracy and the LLC is just tinkering with the scales to make money. LOL

You seem to be getting on well doing the diet, keep going

Sam

Mrs said...

Dear Chris

Keep going; as Lesley says, it will come. How are your eyes now? Are they healing up, particularly now you are off all packs?

Good luck.

Mrs L xx