Friday 13 April 2007

Nearly lost my jeans!!!!

John's had a few days off this week and as it's half-term he had made overtures about going away for a few days. I wasn't too keen - therefore, no holiday. I didn't really fancy going anywhere when I was still trying to get into a new eating regime: and also I'd rather save the money for a summer break. So Wednesday we pottered about indoors and the yesterday we went to Lakeside, our local shopping centre. I wouldn't even look at clothes yet. I just don't want to buy anything new until I really have nothing else to wear (unless it's for something special, that is). So I treated myself to a new foundation from Virgin Vie and a lovely silver heart charm necklace from M&S - much better than a box of Thorntons!

Today, John and Elizabeth wanted to go down to Southend. It's only about 40 mins away on the train but I hate the place - a poor man's Blackpool, if you can have such a place. I decided to stay home and off they went about midday. I stuck some washing in the machine and had just put the kettle on for a cup of coffee when guilt set in and I thought I should have shown willing and gone with them. I rang John straight away and they had only just bought their train tickets so I said wait for me and I'd join them (when I got to the station John said E's eyes had lit up when he told her I was coming so I supose my guilt was well-placed). As it turned out, I really enjoyed the afternoon. We walked through the high street shops and then down to the front. E was eager to go to the amusements (which I can't stand) but we said we'd go for some lunch first and then for a walk before we went to the arcades. It was a lovely warm day and you could easily forget that we were still not halfway through April. We played a round of crazy golf, which John only just beat us at and then they both had an ice-cream whilst I had a peppermint tea. A half-hour or so in the amusements and then it was a walk back to the station and the slow train home. I even made the comment to J that I was enjoying the train journey as we normally go everywhere by car and I'm the driver - it made a change to be able to sit back and relax.

The only problem with day, but it was funy really, was that I was walking around all afternoon yanking my jeans up every few minutes. I'd found the jeans in the wardrobe this morning, put them on, and even though they were loose, they weren't as loose as my others. Not thinking when I decided to join the family at the station I just slipped on my jacket and left the house. It wasn't until I was running for the bus that I realised my jeans weren't staying up very well. By the time I got on the bus I was in danger of losing them completely and letting everyone on board into the secret of my underwear........

3 comments:

. said...

Ooh time for jeans in the bin - think you'd bet get yourself shopping and get some smaller sizes in.

Sounds like you all had a lovely day, I'm glad that you went - both for you and for John & E ..... think sometimes we have to give ourselves that spur onwards.

Cath
x

Lesley said...

So, you are getting more active after all - bet there was some old leftover feelings of wanting to have a lazy day that caused you resist going to start with but then you overcame then and had a lovely day by the sounds of it!

Yes, as one who has been well and truly bitten by the new clothes bug I would concur with Cath and say - go and get some skinny jeans!!!

Have a good weekend.

Lesley x

chrismars said...

I'm not sure about 'skinny' jeans but it looks as though I'm out of 18s now. 3 pairs of jeans and 1 pair of trousers for ebay or the charity shop so far. And I tried on all my summer dresses last weekend and there were a few that I could wear if I added a pair of magic knickers and only 1 that would go anywhere near yet (but then I have had a lot of them for years - and hardly worn them)