Monday 23 April 2007

Finding ways to eat properly

I like your idea of breakfast, Lesley, and I have had a fried egg (in a little sunflower oil) and grilled bacon a few times - I'm not very good at poaching. That's great when you've got time in the mornings but normally I'm getting Lizzie out the door and then myself 20 mins later so it's not easy to cook in the morning. The reason, therefore, that I bought the low carb bars. But there you go. I shall try to adjust what I'm doing at the moment - I'm wondering whether I can introduce a little fruit - like the speedy ones on SW, raspberries, strawberries etc and still stay in ketosis??

I'm not sure whether I'm in ketosis now though. I'd actually put on 1lb this week but I shall weigh again in the morning to see what's happened. It's horrible now - at least on LighterLife you know you're going to lose each week if you're keeping to the Plan. I'm now back in that awful place where you have the moments of panic before stepping on the scales and then feel demotivated if there's a gain. Boohoohoo!

Mel, I really fancy that recipe you put on for me yesterday. I had been thinking of having stuffed peppers. Normally, that would be with a savoury mince and rice. But your recipe sounds so scrummy that I think I'll have a go at it. John and Liz could have rice or pasta with it. Thanks a lot.

4 comments:

SoonBeSlim... It's True! said...

Thanks for the diet explanation, I did wonder how you could still be in Ketosis without following ATKINS.

Keep plugging away

Sam

. said...

Chris have you looked at any of the low gi recipe books - there are quite a few about and they contain some really good recipes. We get them in work from companies like the Book People --- if you can't get hold of one I'll happily buy you one and post it to you next time one comes in. You really do need to find something that you can do and enjoy.

Cath
x

Melanie said...

Hi Chris,

It'd probably be a good idea to get some ketostix, I find them really reasuring to make sure I'm in ketosis.

Hope the recipe goes well, I may start looking around for more dishes to try, although I do enjoy the throw it all together and see what happens method, I like to be creative.

I do like to make my own burgers too, the ones you buy are often bulked out with wheat and carbs, although I use lean mince and make a batch and freeze them, I find them useful when I want a quick tea to cook, melt some cheese on top with a nice boiled egg salad. I put onions and some dried mint in the mixture with an egg to bind it. Could be useful with the summer coming and the BBQ's on the go.

Don't dwell on the +1lb, it'll soon be gone.

Take care,
Mel x

Claire Elliott said...

Hi Chris

Just catching up on your blog, I am inspired by your blog as I'm going back onto food too. I think it just takes a bit of time to find out what is best for us! I put on a pound this morning but trying to think positive and blaming it on adjustment!! I admire your stamina to succeed and will definitely be taking a leaf out of your book! Bloody typical about the bars though! I too am looking to do low carbs but with high fibre for the crohnes. Your 23rd April post has helped me immensely, thanks for sharing.

Keep up the good work and perseverance.

Claire :o)