Tuesday 29 May 2007

Satchets worked!!!

Thanks everyone for your wise and kind words of empathy over my visit to the hospital. I wish I didn't feel so overwhelmed over matters like this but I've been to so many different hospitals over the years and they always get to me, I'm afraid.
Anyway, I took my satchets of absolutely vile medecine yesterday morning and I've worn the carpet pile down on the stairs rushing up them every few minutes. And I've lost 3/4lb overnight, so something good, eh. The satchets still appear to be working this morning as well, which means I'm not going anywhere today. Lizzie and I can find a good film to watch this afternoon maybe?

I've not done very well with dieting over the last couple of weeks. It's very hard trying to diet 'normally' after having followed weeks of LighterLife and Cambridge. At least on those diets you KNOW the weight is going to come off if you follow the rules. With what I'm trying to do now it's so easy to fail. I've yo-yoed up and down with a 3lb margin since coming out of ketosis. After I stopped LL and CD I still managed to get down to 12stone but once I came out of ketosis I put on 3lbs more or less straight away. Then I lost a lb, then I put on 1/2, then I lost again. I haven't actually logged the changes on my ticker as the thought of 'seeing' the weight go up again on a chart would do nothing for my motivation. Yesterday morning (Monday) I weighed in at 12st 2lb, but then 12st 11/4lb this morning after the satchets from yesterday.

I had a really grotty day at work on Saturday. I'd asked for Saturday 2nd June off a couple of weeks ago as it's half-term and we'd thought of popping up to Norfolk for a few days. We have family up there and John and I own a property in Great Yarmouth that we thought we would check out. But would you believe it, the 'powers that be' hadn't decided whether I could have the time off!!! That along with a couple of miserable customers really riled me. We made up for it in the evening though. Lizzie stayed at Mum's for the night and we went off to the theatre to see 'A Slice of Saturday Night', a musical based in the Club-A-Go-Go in 1963 - very funny and very good entertainment.

Sunday and Monday were real washouts here, as I'm sure they were wherever everyone else was. Lizzie went to the cemetry with Mum and my sister, Janice, as it was my Dad's birthday and they wanted to put some flowers on his grave (well, on his rose bush). John and I decided to take advantage of the time on our own and went out for Sunday Lunch - nothing grand, just to the cafe around the corner, but nice all the same.

This morning I've been ringing hotels and B&Bs in Norfolk trying to book a couple of rooms for 2 nights. As work couldn't decide whether to give me the time and said they would let me know Tuesday (!?!) I told them they needn't bother and I'd make other arrangements (you'd think you lived to work, not the other way round sometimes). Anyway, I've booked 2 rooms for 2 nights from tomorrow, in a 15th Century Grade II listed timbered cottage in the heart of the Norfolk countryside. Looks very nice online. We'll drive up there once John gets in from work tomorrow (I've asked him to leave work early, but...?) and should get there in time to pop along to the local for a nice dinner. On Thursday we'll drive to Great Yarmouth to see our letting agent and have a look at the house whilst Mum takes Lizzie to the Model Village (haven't seen it for years, wonder whether it's still as good as it was then?).On Friday we'll spend the day with Mum's cousin who lives quite near to where we're staying. Then drive home and back to work on Saturday. All go, eh!

I shall try to be good on the food front whilst away. But then again, I don't really think it'll be ice-cream weather!

5 comments:

. said...

You sound brighter today Chris and that's good to hear. I'm so glad the sachets worked --- I can only imagine how disgusting they were to take though. I've been taking movicol the last few days and although it's worked a treat it has been disgusting.

You sound as though you've done well dietwise - you've hadly put anything on and you would expect to put some on when you go back to food.

Don't you just hate work when they hold you to task like that - you're right they do seem to think you're there for them at all times - wouldn't believe that we're all entitled to days off and leave!

Hope you all have a lovely trip, does sound like you're on for a nice time.

Relax and enjoy!

Cath
x

Lesley said...

Hi there Chris. Don't like the sound of that sachet business at all but at least the rushing up and down stairs will have constituted some exercise!!! Nag nag nag...

It must be hard trying to diet normally. Do you have a set plan or are you just "cutting back"? If the latter, might it be easier and more akin to the LL/CD approach to set a regime so there's less room for error?

Just a thought. I really don't know how I'll get on when I'm back to food. I must admit to being a lot more keen on the idea of eating now and am struggling with the diet a bit at the moment. I'm sure it's because I'm nearing the end so must gird my loins for the final battle. And you too!!

Hope you have a wonderful time in Norfolk - it sounds lovely I must say. I hope you get some decent weather after the Bank Holiday grimness.

Take care.

Lesley x

SoonBeSlim... It's True! said...

I am so glad the sachets are working and hope it's relived the pain.

It sounds like you've had a tough time over the last few posts. It must of hurt seeing'obesity'. That said, that's all change now with all you weight loss.

As for the hospital, I hope the other tests throw some light onto the situation. I hope John can attend with you for a bt of moral support.

As for the diet, again it's melting away. Maybe it's not as certain as LL and CD but you are still doing it. You have the added advantage of being able to EAT. Can you tell I am missing it?

Keep it up and go shopping once your tum feels less bloated.

Take care

Sam xx

Mrs said...

Hi Chris

Well, thank goodness the sachets worked. A break away will be just what you need; hope the weather improves.

Thanks for all your comments on the blog; they are greatly appreciated. Let's catch up when you come back.

Bon voyage!

Mrs L xxxxxxxxx

Melanie said...

Hi Chris,

You certainly sound cheerier in this post, so the sachets must be doing you some good.

Hope you have a lovely time away, you deserve a nice break.

Mel x