Wednesday 9 May 2007

Shopping in Lakeside....

I love all you girls! If one of us is a little down there's always someone out there to help pull you up and make you feel better. So, 'Thank You', Mel and Lesley.

Lesley, the scales I use are electronic and made by Salter. I've just looked in the Argos catalogue but they don't have the actual model I have but item 14 on page 949 (832/6009) or even item 15 (832/1839) both priced £29.99 are very similar. I use my sey on a vinyl floor and as the design is tiled I can always make sure they are placed in the same spot. The scales always agreed with the LighterLife scales and were always 2lbs lighter than the Cambridge ones.

And thank you Lesley for saying I'm not old....and am part of the furniture (hmm?)

As you were writing your post to me, Mel, I was doing just as you suggested. I was out shopping. I decided to take a trip to Lakeside Shopping Centre as BHS had a 20% off day. I managed to pick up quite a few bits for Lizzie in Tammy in BHS and a couple of bits for John and because I thought I just had to get something for myself I bought a pair of trousers, a dressy top and a knitted cardigan jacket. I didn't try any of them on, so they're all going back (my friend Lisa calls me the 'take-back queen'). I didn't actually enjoy being in BHS today. Normally I manage to pick up a few separates but the shop seemed more like a jumble sale today. There were loads and loads of tee-shirts on display, all in very garrish colours and un-coordinated. It was like an exlosion in a paint factory. Must definitely have been the window-dressers week off!

I then went along to H&M, not a shop I normally look for anything for me in, but managed to buy 2 great tops (in medium). I put them on at home and said that I was going all 'hippy chick' and they reminded me of something from the 70s. Lizzie made me laugh - she said I always say that if you wore them the first time round then you should never wear them the second time. From the mouths of babes, eh? Anyway, I tried the tops on with a pair of (cough, cough) size 14 straight leg jeans I found the other day at the back of the wardrobe and in the 250 years or so that they've been hiding there they seem to have stretched to fit! Lizzie decided, though, that I needed some help and dashed off to find a belt and some beads and then stuck my hair up in a high ponytail. If it hadn't been for the eyes I could have been 18 again!...LOL!! One good thing I noticed when I had my hair up was that I could see visible collarbones and my neck looked longer and slimmer - so one of my goals met. Yay!

Whilst I was out I felt a little peckish so I then had the dieter's dilemma of not knowing where or what to eat. I didn't want any obvious 'fast food' or a sandwich as I haven't eaten bread since January, so decided in the end to go up to the food hall for a Burger King flame-grilled chicken salad. I really didn't want this but thought it would be the best of many evils. But when I got upstairs I saw a new food bar - a salad bar!! Wow, something I could actually choose to eat. So I had a Greek Salad - 'expensive' leaves, cherry toms, cucumber, sweetcorn, olives and feta cheese all covered in oil - olive, so loads of Omega 3's going in. Very scrummy ......and a bottle of water. All for the princely sum of £5.46. I know where I'll be eating next time I go back.

I'm going to post this quick now as it's the second time I've written it as the internet connection lost it as I went to post last time. I now need to look quickly at everyone else's. So night, night all.

6 comments:

Lesley said...

Any chance of any photos of the miraculous age defying outfit??? Size 14 jeans - what a coup!

I'm pleased that you sound so much brighter and that the retail therapy has kicked in and worked it's magic. Sounds like Lizzie could be a proper asset too.

Keep it up and I hope you get your health issues under control soon.

Lesley x

Unknown said...

well done Chris and a fatastic "yey" on the jeans size 14 bring it on!!

. said...

Glad to hear you had a good days shopping - like Lesley I want to see a photo of the jeans (YES to 14's) and the pony tail.

Aren't kids great at reminding you of things that you've said when it applies to you.... they don't remember when you've asked them to do something though!

Salad sounds gorgeous ... got me drooling ;)

Cath
x

Mrs said...

Quick message before I collapse into bed...size 14? That's FANTASTIC!

Good luck with the health stuff - really hope you manage to see a good consultant. Let us know how you get on; it's very hard when those cheeky symptoms start reappearing...

Have a lovely weekend.

Mrs L xxxxxxxx

SoonBeSlim... It's True! said...

Mmmmmmm Salad! well done on finding a good healthy choice.

Yes I would love to see the latest size 14 Jeans picture, and your style makeover from Lizzie.

Hope you get some progress with the GP, and no preaching from me today about eye cream (already my commitment has fell by the wayside).

Take Care

Sam xx

ps. get on the BLOG anytime and let off steam. I have lost count how many times you have helped me.

Melanie said...

I wouldn't say the size 14 jeans have stretched to fit, more like you have shrunk to fit!

Well done, and you seem to be a lot brighter. Retail therapy always helps.

Mel x