Sunday 13 May 2007

Flipping Internet Connections!!

I haven't posted for a few days, firstly because I've been busy and secondly because we lost the internet connection with Virgin. We've also had problems with the On Demand on the TV freezing up so I had to keep resetting the set-top box. I just wanted to throw the box through the window in the end. I spent time on Friday afternoon trying to sort out the TV and John spent most of yesterday sorting out the Internet connection.

I managed to look at a couple of blogs on Friday before it all crashed, and that was when I wrote the 'tome' to Lesley. Just as I was finishing the phone rang and it was my nephew, Lee (the new Dad to Charlie). He said that he had just left Nanny's and that I should get over there straight away as she was doubled up in pain. Quick phone call to John to divert him off the tube on the way home to meet me at Mum's; jump into the car and struggle through the rush hour traffic worrying all the way (Mum suffers from angina - 3 or 4 miles but seemed longer); should I drop Liz off at Lisa's (just in case)? What do I find when I get there? Mum sitting in the living room watching Countdown (or whatever). I didn't say why I was there; just said I'd popped over with her Avon order. So we started chatting and then the reason for the 'doubled-up in pain' was explained. She'd had a gippy tummy all day and had been running to the loo a lot. I could have killed Lee! I was glad Mum was OK but I could have done without my stress levels going through the roof. I phoned Lee's mobile to tell him that Nanny was fine and that she only had an upset tummy - his response? "I know, I just didn't want her to be on her own". It's a good thing I couldn't get hold of him at that moment. Did he think I had nothing better to do? His own mother only lives 5 minutes away from Mum, as well!

A little bit of background on Lee which I haven't written about, hoping it would all resolve itself. Him and Lisa have split up. Lee has been on secondment to a local Forces Recruitment office as part of his paternity leave whilst awaiting the birth of Charlie. They fell out before the baby was born. I tried to tell him that she was 9 months pregnant and her hormones would be reeling etc. They got back together again when Charlie arrived but it only lasted a couple of weeks. I don't know the full story, and I don't really want to, but Lee moved back into my Mum's house (where he stays when he's home on leave - he's in the Royal Navy). Anyway, we went over to see the baby at Mum's yesterday for the last time for possibly some time as Lee has him for a couple of hours each weekend. He's gone back to Plymouth this afternoon so we're going to have to see what happens in the future. Lee will be home on leave before he goes to sea in July but I'm not sure when or how often. I shall miss Charlie if we don't get to see him- he's such a sweet little thing and is just beginning to make eye-contact and gurgle and smile.

Diet matters! - won't weigh myself, but I'm feeling a little bloated so I've probably gained again.

I decided yesterday that I probably had to invest in a couple of new bras as the two I bought just before Christmas are now doing absolutely nothing for my 'assets'. Tracy, the owner of the lingerie shop I go to was really impressed with the amount I've lost. She measured me and said I'd gone down 2 band sizes and 3 cup sizes!! I came away with 2 bras and I also bought Lizzie her first 'real' bra. That was a true rite of passage, and I ended up in tears (silly cow!).

Had a good morning in my Saturday Branch. I was in the banking hall, rather than on the till, so that made a change. Once again, the young lad in the office was admiring, he said, 'Looking good, Chris!' Oh, was I happy? You bet I was!

Today, we've been back to Lakeside to do my take-back. I don't like going to the shops on a Sunday. All the world and his wife is always there, but I'm not going to be able to get there for a week or two so it had to be done. Then we went over to Mum's to pick her up and bring her back to ours as Lee left this afternoon and at least she wouldn't have to be on her own.

So here I am catching up on the blogs. So I shall say Bye, Bye now and read everyone else's.

1 comment:

. said...

Excellent news on the bra sizes, you must feel and look so much better now you've got ones that fit you properly - I need to go and get measured.

Ahhh first bra for Lizzie - how sweet :) I remember taking Danielle, it's one of those happy/sad occasions.

Bet you could have kicked Lee for scaring you like that - men just aren't right!

Cath
x