Tuesday 15 May 2007

Another goal met

I wasn't at work yesterday so I decided to have a relaxing afternoon. What better than a cup of tea, a good book and a hot bath (all together). What's so different about a bath, I hear you say. Well, a lot, if you haven't been able to have one for years. I've showered for about 3 years or so now, having been unable to pull myself up out of the bath and ending uo getting into a panic with the thought of needing help to get out. We changed our bathroom suite a few years back, from a cream suite with a 750cm bath with handles to a white 600cm steel bath, with no grips. At the time I thought a bath was a bath, was a bath. But, how wrong! With my weight gain, and admittedly, a lack of arm strength, I've found it increasingly difficult to use the bath. I thought I'd give it a go yesterday, and viola, Easy!! Sat forward, hands on side of bath, quick push, and I was up!

I was feeling so relaxed in the bath that my book almost ended up in the water - I kept dosing off. A nice feeling. Showers are great for what they're meant for, but you really can't beat a little bit of luxury, can you?

I did my self-imposed weighin yesterday morning and I've lost a pound. I'm noot back to the 12stone yet, but I've lost 1 of the 3lb I put on, so it's going in the right direction.

I'm off to the doctor's this afternoon to ask for a referral. The problems with the eyes have settled now; the redness has gone and the surrounding skin is just a little dry now. But I'm still having the bowel problems and the tummy pain. I don't want to go to see the GP as the symptoms aren't quite as bad this week but John will go mad if I don't keep the appointment, so I had better. I''let you know what happens.

Have a good day!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I know what you mean regarding the bath - We have a telly fitted in our bathroom, it is my husbands thing to disappear and lie in there for over an hour, I prefer the candles and bubbles etc.
Good luck at the Docs xx

Lesley said...

That's brilliant Chris - concrete proof that you're doing brilliantly! It's so nice to be able to do things that you COULDN'T do before - fantastic!

I noticed the other day that I was happily sitting with my legs crossed. I haven't been able to do that for years. Admittedly it's not that ggreat for your circulation but I can do it!!

Well done Chris and good luck with the doctors appointment.

Lesley x

. said...

Well done on having a nice relaxing bath - I love the way losing weight affects so many areas of our life for the better.

Hope all went well with the drs x

Cath
x