Tuesday 8 May 2007

Appointment made

Thanks for your comments, girls. Sorry, I don't mean to keep whining on but I just can't believe I have all these problems. I just wish there was a definitive answer. I've made an appointment to see my own GP for next Tuesday and I shall insist on a referral , but to which type of consultant, I don't know?

I got on the scales on Saturday morning so that I could let the girls at my Saturday Branch know the state of play as they always ask each week and I was pleased to note that even though I wasn't in ketosis any longer I'd still lost weight and had got down to 12st exactly. Yippee! I thought - that's 2st 11lb off! 39lb! Anyway, I jumped on the scales first thing Monday morning and there I was at 12st 11/2lb, the equivalent of more-or-less a 4400 calorie weight gain. Where did that come from? I haven't eaten 4400 calories! I checked this morning- still the same. This afternoon- 12st 23/4lb. And my uniform jacket feels snug. I feel so bloated. My tummy looks swollen and Lynne at work said that she actually thought I looked a little bigger today. What do I do? Shoot myself? I wish I could go back onto the packs again.....................And my chin itchs, and my eyes are a bit sore.

Give up on me, girls. I'm getting boring now.

You'd think by trying to loss weight to get into a healthy state and only putting 'good' things into my body should have me blooming, wouldn't you?

But O NO!

3 comments:

Lesley said...

Those pesky scales. I can feel great one minute and not so great 5 minutes later when they tell me a weigh 3lbs more. By the way - you obviously trust your scales so what brand/type are they? I could do with buying some decent ones that don't vary wildly depending upon mood.

Another option to avoid scales would be to only weigh at Boots or something??

I really hope you get your dairy intolerance diagnosed and sorted. It seems as though the adverse reaction to the packs has made you more sensitive which is a major shame.

Good luck Chris and we're not going to be giving up on you... you're part of the furniture here and you're not old!!!

Lesley x

Melanie said...

Don't for one second apologise for coming on here and talking about everything you're going through.

After all, this is what we blog for, to share the highs and the lows of dieting and get/share support from/with others, so just because you're experiencing a lot of lows with it just now, you need to stick with it to be able to share the highs with us once you're through all this.

The fact that you are feeling suddenly bloated, I would think is more to do with your food intolerance and not a lardy 2 lbs. As you say you've not suddenly eaten loads of food so it can't possibly be anything other than water, or maybe you just needed a big pooh? lol...

Anyway, don't be so hard on yourself, I have some digital scales which I always weigh myself repeatedly and go with the figure I get the most because they vary every time. I've even tried lining them up with the floor tiles so they're in the same place and it makes no difference, they still vary by up to 4lbs a time.

Take care Chris, go out and buy yourself a new outfit, or some new make-up and pamper yourself cause remember, you deserve it!

Mel x

. said...

You're definitely not whining and you're not a whinger ... if I'd had to go through what you have these last few months you'd really hear me scream.

I think the weight gain and bloatedness is due to your intolerance, I'm glad you've got an appointment made now --- really hope your GP does something to sort you out straight away.

Stay strong - you're a fighter x

Cath
x