Thursday 17 May 2007

Just a few thoughts about eating....

I was responding to one of mrs' posts this morning and felt that I'd copy it here. I had mixed emotions about having to come off LighterLife and Cambridge and was really worried about how I would manage back on food. There must be others out there feeling the same, hence this post:

"Having been both on a VLCD and now trying to 'eat to lose weight' I can expand on your thoughts slightly. I was really nervous about starting to eat again, especially as I couldn't do a Management route where food was introduced gradually. Even though, before dieting, I didn't have a 'see food and had to eat it mentality', I still had a huge problem with my weight and I was petrified that once I started eating I wouldn't be able to stop, and the getting on for 3 stone that I've lost would all come straight back on again. This was especially a worry as one of the benefits of ketosis is a mild suppresion of hunger. I thought that once hunger was an option, that would be it.

This was one of the reasons I wanted to stay in ketosis for as long as I could, along with the fat-burning benefit. I'm more than happy to report though that I'm out of ketosis, I'm eating healthily (even allowing an occasional glass of wine) and the weight is going down - slowly, but now going the right way, after an slight increase (probably the glycogen being replaced).
And I have been too busy to eat - and I have stopped when I feel I've had enough. And I've found that my stomach has found the 'off-switch'.

So, I feel more in control than I have for a really long time."

3 comments:

Lesley said...

That's fantastic - the Holy grail of dieting!! I would caution remaining vigilant though (I'm sure you will) as changes to routine can precipitate returning to old habits - so just keep an eye out and keep blogging.

Well done Chris - always an inspiration!

Lesley x

Melanie said...

You really seem to be in a confident place right now and it's lovely to see.

From the posts from a woman worried about eating real food you seem to have made the transition marvellously and it's great how positive you still are.

I don't know if the fact you have been to the docs and got a referral is a slight weight off your mind (weight off - gerrit?..lol)and a bit less of a worry now something is being done.

Whatever it is it's lovely to hear you sounding so confident in what you're doing.

Well done x

. said...

An excellent, positive post - it just shows what you've gone through and how well you done and continued to do even without the structure of a VLCD - you are an inspiration Chris.

Cath
x