Sunday 3 June 2007

A lovely couple of days away....

Hi everyone. We had a great couple of days in Norfolk. The B&B was very nice. John and I had a room in the loft and the stairs were so steep to get up there that we had a rope to hang onto to help with the climb (that's along with the bannister). The B&B owner didn't ask if we were agile enough to get up there so my voice must have come over as 'youngish' when I made the booking....LOL

I wasn't looking forward to going away as, for one thing, the weather had been so bad at the beginning of last week, but literally as we got in the car on Wednesday afternoon the sun came out and it didn't stop shining all the time we were there. We went to family on Thursday and then on Friday we drove across the county to Great Yarmouth to see a house we own in the town and then on to meet a letting agent we've recently employed. We had trouble finding the house as quite a few of the roads didn't have visible road names and we'd never been there before (yes, we did buy a house we hadn't seen). We employed someone 2 years ago to purchase a house in the area for us to let out. A few people have made comments that we hadn't seen the house, but it wasn't something we were going to live in and I know myself only too well - I wouldn't have been unemotional about what I was choosing. My rather flip answer to people was that the Duke of Westminster (him of immense property) wouldn't have looked at every property he bought. And I trusted the purchaser and we, ofcourse, also had estate agents and surveyors, mortgage companies and solicitors working for us too. Well, we eventually found the house and, yes I was right, it wasn't a house I would like to live in, but we have tenants who want to live there and that's what we want.

All in all a worthwhile trip.

The only problem with the trip - I wasn't as good as I wanted to be with the food. I didn't have lots of 'bad' food or desserts, but I did have more than I 'should' have (sorry, someone put me right about not using the 'should' word). I shall probably be a little put out when I get on the scales tomorrow morning - but I'm prepared.

We're off to the hospital tomorrow eveing for the results of my blood tests. I wonder if I'll have another x-ray. Might not be a bad idea as I've been having quite a bit of stomach pain over the last few days again.

Hope you all have a good week coming up.

Night, night.

1 comment:

. said...

Good to have you back and great to hear that you had a lovely time. Love the rope that you had to hang on to ..... good job you can't drink (much) as that would have been fun getting up there when drunk!

Cath
x