Thursday 21 June 2007

Such a long time since I last posted....

It's a week since I last posted, and what a week! I really don't know where these days go. It doesn't help though if you lose days! I haven't been to work today and decided to pop to Romford shopping. I've been walking around all day thinking it's Friday. Yesterday evening, I was as a Governor's meeting at the secondary school I'm a governor at and when I got home was a little peeved I'd missed 'House' - duh! that's tonight!

I must remember tomorrow's Friday as I have an appointment at the hospital for a pelvic unltrasound at 12.30 (a full bladder and a 6 hour fast - marvellous!).

A good week in some respects, not so good in others. I had a little 'disagreement' with a member of the management team at the Branch I've been covering since November. Nothing drastic, just rather annoying and frustrating. John was all for going along to the office to sort it out (My Hero!) but the girl is well-known for not having good people skills (that's in the opinion of everyone she's forever verbally lashing out at, and I've worked with her in 3 different branches) so I said 'forget it'. I shall continue working there whilst it suits me - the money's not bad and I get car expenses, but at least I know that if I want to I can just go. I still have my Saturday Branch where I'm contracted to work and there will always be other branches that need the help. I just don't need the aggro.....

The week has panned out quite well on the diet front though. Not that I've lost anymore weight - the 11's still seem very elusive (but only 2lbs to go as of yesterday, it just keeps going up and down though). What has gone well is the positive comments I keep getting. Apparently, so I'm told, my legs are getting slimmer and slimmer. My chest, apparently, is now smaller than Lisa's, and, according to Maria, I'm 'half the woman I used to be'. And the girls at work (my Saturday office) can't believe I'm still not losing weight. There you go! And that's without a 'proper' diet - just being observant and taking notice of what I'm eating.

1 comment:

. said...

Just caught up so am doing a step back in time....

Your shopping trip to Mark One sounds brilliant - I'm so glad you got lots of lovely stuff and that you felt great going out ... that's a feeling that if you could bottle it you'd make millions!

Hospital - sounds like you've been to hell and back ((hug)) - so sorry that you could feel what was happening and that you were in pain. Glad to see that they've found something though, hopefully they'll be able to diagnose and treat very soon.

Woman in work - forget and give no time or thought too. There are people who just aren't worth it - sadly I've come to realise this lately in a situation that I would much rather not have been part of .... these people really aren't worth your emotions.

Good to see that people are still noticing a difference in you - you stick with what you're doing and you'll be in the 11's in no time.

Re your comment on my blog - LOL no way did it sound bad or accusing ..... in fact you should have tried to make me feel bad so that I don't do it again :) Can't believe that I turned into a beer monster - said to Ste that I've drank more beer on that holiday than I've ever drank since turning 18 if you added it all together .... shocking but good :-)

Cath
xx