Friday 29 June 2007

Hospital results...

I went along to see my consultant on Wednesday and luckily it was good news - well as far as it goes, anyway. I have a hiatus hernia, gallstones, a weak sphincter (a muscle to the bowel) and constipation. All very lovely, I know! Why can't I have some 'romantic' disorder rather than something to do with my poo and digestive tract?....lol. He's keeping my file open in case I need to return but in the meantime h's given me a prescription for medication to ease the symptoms causing the pain (it isn't constant any longer so I'll just use the medication when I need to).

I say as far as it goes as I still haven't found what foodstuffs caused digestive the problems in the first place, and of course the skin problems with Lighterlife, Cambridge and Slimfast. I haven't used any Slimfast packs for about 10 days now but my eyes, although now not as bad, and also not as bad as on LL or CD, are still very dry and pink looking. The patch on my chin has also got bigger rather than smaller as well. I've decided to let things ride for a while now and if in a few months the symptoms return I'll go back to my GP and ask for the referral to a nutritionist, as I wanted in the first place. I've had enough of doctors and hospitals for the time being.

I will admit though that finding I have the hernia and gallstones has definitely motivated me to continue on the weightloss journey. Doctors recommend weightloss for both conditions, especially if weight is held around the abdomen (not really my problem, but it can't hurt to lose a bit more). One thing to make Lesley laugh though: it's suggested that frequent bending forward and any abdominal exercise like sit ups etc. which increase abdominal pressure may exacerbate symptoms, so is that an excuse not to do my Rosemary Connolly DVD or use the Pilates machine?...hee,hee.

Thank you for your comments on my last post, Mrs and Cath, and I admire your abilty to see, Mrs, that I'm being undervalued and have many skills (please tell me what they are - lol, I'd love to do something else other than work in a building society as it's changed so much over the years, and I'm rather 'old school' I'm afraid).

I saw Ted and Pat's daughter on Wednesday. She and the family are of the same opinion as me; that it was the best thing that could have happened, not that they were both gone, but that they were together again. The post-mortem showed that Ted had had a massive heart attack, so much so that he wouldn't have known anything about it and that he'd gone before he hit the floor. That was good to hear.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. We're going to see Charlie tomorrow. We haven't seen him for a few weeks and he'll probably have doubled in size, still I can still have a good old cuddle, that's if I get a look in with Lizzie around! Then on Sunday we're off to Gravesend to visit Stella - she's staying at her parent's house before going off to build that house in Cyprus, so she'll be around for sometime, just not next door...

Let's pray for better weather. I hope none of you lot from 'up north' have had any problems with flooding.

3 comments:

SoonBeSlim... It's True! said...

Well have caught up, and some more highs and lows!

Sorry to hear about good friends moving away and the loss of both Ted and Pat. I must agree with you sometimes death can be a relief and after such a long life partnership ....... They are finally together again.

Good news of sorts about an aswer to medical issues. Hope the treatment helps and it all gets resolved.

As for work, it's been said but how bloody dear they!!!!! When you are ready it's time to move on or tell them what you expect from them! Not always easy but I am sure you will manage it when the time is right.

Take Care, and thanks for looking in on me. Still hanging in there, and will update again when get chance

Sam xxx

Lesley said...

Hi Chris

I'm back from me hols and catching up with people one by one! I had to really concentrate reading through yours as it was so full of medical jargon! I'm really pleased that you finally have a diagnosis and that it's nothing really nasty. It sounds unpleasant enough though so I hope the medication works and you get your referral to the nutritionist to find out what triggers the digestive pain. It would be nice to know that you're not going to have any more medical upsets for a long time as you seem to have had more than your fair share!

I'm also glad to hear that you're hanging in there with the weightloss in terms of lbs but that you look like a skinny minny. Size 14 really is nearly there isn't it? Keep it up and I'll have you know that there are many types of exercise that don't involve bending at the waist, madam so you're not off the hook!!!

Keep it up and I hope the work situation sorts itself out - they really are daft to risk losing an experienced worker by being overly prescriptive.

Lesley xx

. said...

Oh Chris that's a real vaiety of problems to have --- poor you :( I've had gallstones and then had my gallbladder removed so I know just how painful they can be :( Hopefully the symptoms will ease of now that you've got the meds for everything. Can you get allergy tested at your doctors or do you see a nutritionalist for that? Really do think that that would help you in the long run.

Cath
x