Sunday 10 June 2007

Prep for Wednesday starts here....

Well, from today I start the preparation for Wednesday's procedures. That's no veg, salad, fruit, cereals, anything with fibre in, ie. no wholemeal bread, pasta etc, etc. What's left? White bread and non-fruit jam? White toast and marmite, methinks (luv it!! - what's your take on marmite? love it , or hate it?)

Then on Tuesday I'm onto 'the purge' - oh happy days!

Yesterday after work I decided a little retail therapy was in order. We were going to a BBQ for my uncle's 70th birthday in the afternoon and I wanted something new to wear. Not wanting to spend fortunes I looked in Mark One. I haven't been there for ages (other than for Elizabeth), but, and I say this with utter surprise, things fitted me, and looked good. I started trying on, but as they only allow you to take 3 items into the changing-room, the assistant kept most of the things I'd picked up outside and said to call when I needed them. So there was me, standing in the changing-room in my bra and knickers, calling, "Hello, Hello". So much for that; I gave up. Came out into the shop again, walked round, picked up loads more bits and pieces (including a few teenage bits for Lizzie) and just went and paid - £171.00 worth of stuff. As I've said before, I'm the take-back queen. But do you know, after a massive fashion parade when I got home I'm keeping most of mine. And all the tops were size 14! Not so lucky with Liz, though, but we'll just go and change the sizes for her.

So off I went to the BBQ wearing a pair of smart white crop trousers and a very nice jersey low-slung crossover top, with a fitted vest and peplum waist (to cover any visible tummy bulge). I'd also had my hair cut on Friday, so I felt good! I haven't seen a number of the family since before LighterLife and the compliments were flying - on the hair, the clothes and the weight. Oh, it feels good when things come together doesn't it? Don't feel too good this morning, though - just a 'little' fragile (my cousin would keep filling my white wine glass up!)

I hope everyone has a good Sunday - looks as though it's going to be a bright day.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Chris - Marmite? Hate it!!!
Clothes brilliant but do you find you are still looking at size 18/20 I take them to the changing rooms then shout for hubby to get at 16 then a couple of times I actually got into 14 Yay!!! its all a buzz!
Thanks for your lovely comment on Lesleys blog - Too many people asking too many questions and I am basically a private person the thought of anyone coming to me and saying "Ifound your blog" scared me it is different talking with the blog land people as we are all on the same journey but most people have not a clue and ramble on - anyway will keep in touch - and good luck with the new eating regime Marmite Yuk!!!!

chrismars said...

Thanks, ameythist, but you really don't need to explain. I've actually told people about my blog but no-one I know comments on mine.

And, yes, I am still looking at 18/20s but my brain is gradually acccepting that I am now smaller so I took both 16 and 14s of each style into the changing room. Happily, the 14s were the ones to choose which will make it a lot easier to go shopping in the future. I feel as though new vistas are opening for me.

Keep in touch, Ameythist. Wouldn't like to lose you altogether.

Chris x

Mrs said...

Dear Chris

Just want to wish you much luck with the next medical hurdle.

By the time I log on again, it will be over. I shall be keeping my fingers crossed.

Well done for all those comments; hope it was a massive boost for you - maybe just what you needed?

Big kiss.

Mrs L xxxxxxxxxx

Melanie said...

I'm a funny one with Marmite, I used to hate the stuff.

Until I became pregnant, and started craving the stuff, that and Christmas pudding, I couldn't have a healthy craving, and being in the summer when I was craving it, I had to raid the cupboards of my family for some old stock. Now I can't stomach Christmas pudding, makes me heave.

Anyway, back to Marmite, it has to be on cold toast, the toast has to go cold before buttering and then adding the marmite and making a marmite buttery mixture. I loved it during pregnancy, one of the only things I could keep down.

Sorry to hear you're having to restrict what you eat so much, I know we're all dieting but it much be so much more difficult when it's part of a medical process like that. Good luck with it Chris, I hope it means you can finally get some answers from a doc who understands and listens to what you say, after all, no one knows your body like you do.

Thanks for your comments about my ancestor, he was quite a famous man of his time in the world of mariners so it seems, I'm enjoying learning about him.

Take care,
Mel x

Claire Elliott said...

Hi Chris,
Just a quickie, my email address is claire.silverton@gmail.com if you send me a mail I'll tell you about the diet and classes etc, just didn't want to post it on my blog. Well done on the weight loss you're doing great. Hate marmite myself!!!

keep up the good work :o)