Tuesday 13 March 2007

Last Days on LighterLife

Heather telephoned me this morning. She has had a long chat with LL medical department and they have told her that I am no longer allowed to continue on the Programme, even taking the lactose enzyme capsules. Blast! Blast! Blast! (I could think of worse things to say, but I'm a good girl!)

Apparently, Lighterlife will be introducing lactose free packs in the summer months - but that's not going to help me now, is it?

What now? Well my first thought was to finish the packs I still have left and my second was to decide what to do next? Obvious choice - try the Cambridge Diet. They actually have packs that are lactose free - but only 3 packs unfortunately - chocolate and vanilla shakes and only mushroom soup. But I don't suppose we're in this for the fantastic flavours, are we? It's all a means to an end.

So, I contacted a local Cambridge Diet Counsellor, and I have an appointment to meet her tomorrow evening. She won't be able to give me all lactose free packs tomorrow as she'll have to order them in for me so I shall contniue with the capsules until I get sorted.

I hope I'll be in ketosis by tomorrow, but I sabotaged myself this evening by eating a couple of hard-boiled eggs with a mixed salad. I was so hungry and I didn't think I would get to see a CDC until next Monday and I was trying to stretch the remaining LL packs out. Not a wise thing to do, I know, but I was desperate. It was only an hour or so later that the CDC phoned me so I needn't have eaten (I could have had a pack after all).

Oh well, a new path to follow on my journey. But I will get there - one way or another.....

And thanks for yesterday's comments, folks. It's so good to know someones out here taking an interest. Wendy, I forgot about healthydirect. My husband buys his glucosamine and chondroitin through them, I shall check them out. Keep up the good work, Tom

5 comments:

Lesley said...

You've had a set back but your determination is obvious in the way you write. And you didn't exactl sabotage yourself with an egg salad!! I can think of better things to have a blow out on!! So, well done you.

It sounds as though you have a decent option with CD and you can follow the LL counselling through the book you've already received. Don't think you're missing much on the DVD's to be fair! Also, you can always tap into cyber world for support as you're doing now.

It's a pain though and I really feel for you but I know you can make the transition without losing too much momentum so chin up and keeping on slogging away! I'm rooting for you as are the rest of your team.

Lesley x

Wendy said...

You know something? You are one amazing lady! If I'd been you today, I would have given up and hot-footed it to McDonalds, but you've not, you've looked into alternatives and you're still set on your goal. I really, really hope that you can start CD and it suits you better.

Will keep checking back and see how you're doing.

Wendy x

Melanie said...

I really admire how you have come back fighting on this one. Despite the difficulties you have persevered.

Keep it up, as it's determination like this that motivates us all.

Best of luck with Cambridge!

Regards,
Mel

chrismars said...

Thanks, girlies. I really appreciate your support xxx

SoonBeSlim... It's True! said...

I am sorry to hear it's all change again, but your health is the most important thing. Hope you will still keep us all posted with CD and you never know I may be approaching you for advice down the line for the same reasons!

Take care

Sam xx