Friday 23 March 2007

I can't stop reading all your blogs!!

I didn't post yesterday because when I managed to sit down with the laptop I thought would check out everyone else's first. By the time I'd finshed reading and responding (and of course we must make sure we all keep in touch) I was ready for bed and all typed out. So just a quick catch up about yesterday.....

I went to a meeting yesterday. There was no point in taking the car as the meeting was at a hotel in the middle of a local town with no car parking so I decided to take the bus, well it was 2 buses each way, but I thought I would go for another gold star and walk the first and last routes. When I got off the other end it was also about a 10 min walk. So I clocked up 8800 steps yesterday in all. Yippee! Not the 10,000 I know, but more than the 4700 the day before and much more than the 2700 when I take the car to work and sit in an office all day.

Well, I'm not at work today. It's 8.00am and I'm just off out to meet my mates and walk with them on the school run (they still have children at primary) and then we'll go off to the cafe. I'm taking a breakfast shake with me and I shall have a black coffee to go with it. Won't that be virtuous while they're tucking into a fulll English. Hee, Hee, Hee.

Speak later, everyone. have a good day.

Oh, and I weighed myself this morning (on my scales admittedly, but they were only about half lb out to the Lighterlife scales, but 2lb to Cambridge) and I have moved into the next stone. Hoorah! That's, on my reckoning, 26lbs off. With a 12 day break in the middle! (jumping up and down and doing a jig)

5 comments:

Lesley said...

I know what you mean about the tyranny of the blogs!! It's great though isn't it? Easily as good as your group in one way so you're probably not missing out much from changing to CD. I don't keep in touch with people from my group during the week so the bloggers are it!

well done on your walking too - that's great and it must be easier now that you've lost, nearly 2 stone!! Keep it up.

Lesley x

chrismars said...

That's just what I was saying to my friend Lisa this morning. I really don't miss the group so much now. I do wonder how everyone is getting on, but I only met up with them 4 times before I had to leave and the same as you we didn't have any contact out of class. I do wonder how they're getting on but I'm sure I could send a message via Heather (the LLC) if I really wanted to. Our fellow bloggers are more my 'group' now. We are all so supportive of each other and don't you notice that if we have a bad day, whether on the diet or personally, there is always someone to cheer you up and then you do exactly the same for them probably the very next day.

Chris x

. said...

I did almost the same thing the other night Chris, by the time I'd read everyone elses and added my comments I was almost ready for bed and ended up doing a really quick post on my own blog. It feels great to be so interested in how others are getting on and have and give the day to day support.

Well done on the walking - at one time I guess you'd never have thought of doing that and would have just bussed it --- that's a great change to your lifestyle.

And going down a stone is just great .... and with all that jumping you'll soon be down another one :)

Cath
x

SoonBeSlim... It's True! said...

Glad to hear you are getting on well and CD seems to be suiting you better.

So far I've had none of my old symptoms so hope I will be fine!

I agree it's hard making sure you catch up with everybodys BLOG, and the list seems to be getting bigger!

Take Care

Sam

Melanie said...

Hello,

My son will be wondering where all his Gold Stars are going out the jar, but you are so deserving them! BIG GOLD STAR!!!

It's such a great feeling going down to the next stone bracket. I'm so pleased to be in the 19 stone something club instead of the 20 stone something club. By the time I'm in the 12 stone something club I'll never stop cheering.

Glad CD appears to have been a smooth transition for you.

Keep it up..!

Mel