Monday 19 March 2007

John's Adsensed me!

John decided to do a little experiment. He wanted to see what would happen if he put Google Adsense on my blog (why doesn't he start his own and try it there?). But he hasn't started his own so you'll notice there are a few of those little ads running down the side of mine now. We shall see what happens.......

I thought I would do my own experiment and see if I could actually manage to download some photos at last. I say at last, but I haven't really tried properly as I usually sit on the settee with the laptop to write my blog and all the photos are on the main PC. So here I am, on the 'big' computer. Let's see how things go.

If they come up, I hope you're not all too squeamish. I do not like my photo taken as it is NEVER flattering but as I know what some of you look like I thought I had better be brave. If they don't come up then you really won't know what I'm talking about. BUt here goes.......

Half an hour later....... forget all you've just read. I can't do it! How on earth do you manage to get all those lovely pictures on, Lesley? It all seemed gobbledegook to me. I shall ask the maestro when he gets in and we'll try again. But for the time being, I remain the 'mysterious woman'.

6 comments:

Lesley said...

In my blog host (which I notice is the same as yours) it's the little picture icon on the toolbar above the post you're writing. Click on that and then follow the instructions.

I find it helps if you resize the photos down a bit as they can be massive files. So I open them in some picture manager application (Microsoft Picture Manager in my case but Photoshop or loads of others around). I resize the ones I want on to 50 or 60% and then they're easier to upload through the blog host.

All a bit complicated 'til you've done it once! Hope John can sort you out so we can be formally introduced!! I'm sure he can if he can Adsense you!

Claire Elliott said...

Hi Chris,

Have been catching up with your blog, I was laughing at the colonoscopy thing, I have Crohnes disease and had 5 in one month once, you can kind of relate to how happy I was about that! You're description was quite apt! I feel so grateful that I can do the diet and keep the 'condition' under control, I keep winging to myself about bits and bobs and then read your blog.. it's hard enough without the intolerance. I think you're doing fantastic and it would be great if you got involved in a trial for LL especially no charge (whey hey). Sounds like the CD is going to be good in the interim, you've done really well just to swap so seamlessly! Well done!! Claire

Melanie said...

Sorry to hear you're having difficulty uploading photo's, builds up the suspense for when we get to see who you are.

And tell him to get his own blog, unless he wants to do the same diet that is, he'll soon leave it alone then. Only after he's shown you how to add the piccies though.

Mel x

chrismars said...

Lesley, you've confused me even more. I will sit down with John and have a go - it's getting a 'window' in his diary that's the problem (lol)

Claire, 5 in one month!!!!! i fel sick just thinking about it. But were you out for the count?

Mel,I love to keep people in suspenders!!

Claire Elliott said...

I wasn't out for the count drugged but aware! Haven't had one for nearly two years now thank God! Waiting to hear how CD is going, how's things?

Claire

Lesley said...

Sorry Chris! Realised as I was typing that it was not as easy to explain as it actually is to do but by then was embroiled.

Looking forward to meeting you properly!