Sunday 25 March 2007

I'm writing mine first tonight

As the title says, I'm writing my post tonight first before reading anyone else's. I probably won't read anyone else's tonight as I want to sit down and watch Northanger Abbey and it's on in 15 mins. Don't you find, though, that you want to find out how everyone's getting and then run out of time, or energy, to catch everyone else up with what you've been up to yourself? Or is that just me?

Well, I've had a momentous weekend. I became a great-aunt (eeh, ugh!!) yesterday evening (Sat 24th) to a little boy called Charlie - born @ 21.11, weighing 8lb - !'ve lost over 3 times his weight (hee, hee). We haven't seen him yet as we were out at John and my god-daughter's 5th birthday party today, but can't wait 'til Tuesday to go for a cuddle.

On the diet front: yesterday was a b awful day! I would have eaten absolutely anything that was put in front of me yesterday, edible or inedible. I was sooooo hungry. It was a hectic morning at work so I didn't actually have my first pack until 12.30 and had had trouble drinking 'cos I didn't want to keep popping off the counter to go to the loo. It just goes to prove - make sure you drink, drink and drink some more!

Today was a different day entirely. Normal, off to Mass and then to Tesco's. I wouldn't let John have breakfast this morning because Lizzie had stayed with Mum last night when we went to the theatre and I needed to pick her up to get to Louise's party. Wasn't I mean? But it did mean that we shot round Tesco in double-quick time, bought what was on my list and got out before it got busy. There weren't many people there actually - they probably hadn't put their clocks backl. Along with those who turned up to 9.00am Mass at 10.00am - there's some every year (snigger, snigger).

We got to the hall for Louise's party just as it was finishing up (wasn't that clever?) and in time to go back to the house for the family 'do' (she's my cousin Catherine's daughter). Catherine had laid on a buffet lunch for the family. Another gold star for me - I wasn't tempted; well I was, put I held out!! Everyone was really impressed with the diet and the weight I'd lost. Lovely! Felt good......

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Yep - you get the days when even the dog's food looks tempting don't you? Still, sounds like you coped admirably and Tesco wasn't as much of a trial as last week so things are looking up!!

I was going to watch Northanger Abbey too but then got surfing trying to buy a new dog bed for Shelagh - it's taken me over an hour! Hope she likes it now...fussy little madam that she is!

Congrats Granty Chris!!

. said...

Well done on avoiding the buffet Chris, that's a huge accomplishment. It's my nephews 5th birthday party on Friday and I'm dreading the buffet as they are always my downfall ... but they won't be this time.

Lovely news about Charlie - I'm a baby addict myself, they're just made for snuggling.

Cath