Saturday 17 March 2007

Day 1 on The Cambridge

Well, I'm there. I finished my last LighterLife packs yesterday and it's straight onto the Cambridge today - so here we go again!

As you may remember, I restarted my remaining LL packs on Monday, but swallowed a couple of lactase enzyme capsules prior to each meal. It was great. I've had no reactions, ie. no bruised eyes or eczema patches - and (if you don't mind me being a little lavatorial) regular movements, which I didn't have before using the capsules. So, if any of you are suffering constipation......

I have a few lactose free Cambridge packs, but most of them are normal ones, so I'll carry on taking the capsules and hopefully I won't suffer any adverse effects on this Plan. Fingers-crossed, please.

It's a pity I couldn't continue on LL. I do miss the counselling side, and seeing the other girls in group each week. Never mind this will have to be my self-counselling platform. Listen, Lesley, you will have to continue with your ramblings about the TA/CBT topic each week in LL and I'll follow along in my Foundation book - OK?

I've not been to work since 28th Feb and returned this morning. Was a little put out that no-one mentioned I looked slimmer. I know we were busy, but they could have put themselves out, couldn't they? Afterwards I went toStead & Simpson and tried on a pair of shoes for work (the ones I have at the moment are courts and they're feeling a little loose and I'm afraid of walking out of them). When I looked in the mirror though I realised that I didn't look slim at all. My legs are still chunky around the calves. I hate shopping for clothes!!!!!!! And no wonder no mentioned how svelte I looked!

Hope everyone has a good weekend.............

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Who are these people who are so rude to you? Tell me where they are and I'll whack them over the head with my hand blender!!

Only joking (honest!).

I'm sure it won't be long before you are getting loads of complimentary comments, especially now you have your CD packs to get you back on track.

I'll keep checking back and see how you're doing.

Wendy x

Lesley said...

It'll come - I find you can have a really good loss and nothing seems to happen looks-wise and then suddenly for no apparent reason you suddenly look and feel slimmer, often over the course of a few days!! Really strange. Also, it might happen in a few big chunks so the change is even more noticeable, which will be really gratifying. So, hang in there.

And remember, most people are blind to what's going on around them and walk around in blinkers which is why the few people who make nice comments and notice something outside their own little world are worth their weight in gold. And also, why we should all try to dish out the compliments when they occur to us - the more good stuff going round means the more for us eventually!!! I think there's a chapter about that in the book, something about warm fuzzies being handed out. I have definitely tried to be more outward looking and supportive to those around me after reading it - if only for selfish reasons - there'll be more for me when I need it LOL!!

Keep it up chuck!

Lesley x

Melanie said...

Hi,

Best of luck with Cambridge!

It doesn't matter if people haven't commented, it's how you feel that matters, and I'm sure once you're back into the swing of things, you'll go through spring blooming like the daffodils, and if they don't notice then...

They're only jealous! lol..

Take care,
Mel