Friday 9 February 2007

Hello to anyone interested in reading this blog. The main reason for writing is to follow my journey to "slimness". My journey with Lighter Life.

I have tried various diet plans with good and bad results, but have always just put the weight back on, and more.

My weight has just crept up and up over the years (I'm 51) and I'm now at the heaviest I've ever been.

Lighter Life, for me, is a final chance to get my life back in line. I don't want to take one or two years to lose weight. I know I would give up. It's all or nothing now.

I went to my first information session on 16th January and felt really motivated about starting. Unfortunately, I had to wait a week and half to see my doctor for the medical and then another week to begin the Foundation. At first I was so excited about starting but as time went on I became really anxious and nervous about it. And I sabotaged myself - I ate anything I could get my hands on.

Anyway, I went to my first meeting last Tuesday, 6th February. There were 9 of us there. One lady, Debbie, had already done the Programme a few months ago, but went to Florida for Christmas and put it all on again. She was very positive about LL and has at least come back, but I found it a bit of a downer as, for me, this is a commitment, the first day of the rest of my life and I don't want to have in the back of my mind that I could fail. I am trying to tell myself that this was her problem, not mine. It is not going to happen to me. I will lose and maintain. after an initial chat by our councellor we were then weighed, measured and our photos taken. I shall stick a photo or two up on this blog if I can find how to do it. I suppose I should put my starting statistics down here, so here goes (and to those of you who may be reading this and have a longer journey to go than I do, I wish you luck and hope you recognise that everyone's journey is relevant to them and is unique). Right, my stats are as follows:
Weight 14st 11lb
Height 5' 5"
Bust 46"
Waist 40"
Hips 491/2"

We then watched a DVD giving us an idea of what the first week would be like for our bodies whilst, Heather, our councellor sorted out the foodpacks.

Day 1 - My first day, Wednesday 7th, wasn't too difficult, although I am having trouble mixing the foodpacks. I don't seem to be able to get rid of all the lumps. I also had trouble drinking all the water but I think this was because I was at work and very busy. I work for a building society and I was working on the tills so was unable to drink in front of customers. I didn't feel hungry at all though.

Day 2 - Thursday was an easier day. I as a home as my daughter was not at school because of the snow. It was much easier drinking the water at home. I did feel though that I was drowning which made me feel quite queasy at times. I hope I can continue drinking this much.

Day 3 - This morning. I woke feeling really energetic and well. My work skirt is not so snug. Good going! The energy didn't last all day though, but that was probably just normal, but doing this makes you notice everything you're feeling. I felt quite hungry when I got home and then the thought of cooking for my husband and daughter made it worse. I shall admit that I became quite tearful but he is very supportive and took over the cooking for me. He said I should give up if I wanted to but I don't want to - and I've also told too many friends and family that I'm doing this. There's no way I'm giving up without a huge fight with my willpower. I shall contnue and take easch day at a time. John, my husband, says I should set goals and rewards (like buying some new skirt when I reach a stone loss). But no way, by the time I get to wear that skirt for probably the second time it would be too big fpr me, wouldn't it? .....So roll on tomorow!

No comments: