Sunday 25 February 2007

Day 19

Both eyes are now affected. The outer corners of each eye are very sore and the patch below my chin has got rawer.

I follow the forums on www.minimins.com so I posted a thread asking if any other clients of LL had suffered from the same allergic reaction. Three girls wrote saying that they'd also either known someone with the problem or had suffered it themselves. I've decided to continue with the diet, for as long as I can though. I popped in to see my counsellor this afternoon and she said she'd give HO a ring to have a word with them about it. Anyway, I think I'll give my GP a ring tomorrow and get an appointment (don't know how long I'll have to wait for that though!).

I went a masqurade ball yesterday evening for work. I managed to cover my eyes Ok. I've found that a green powder base under my foundation works really well now that the dryness and swelling has gone down. Well no-one seemed to notice anything anyway. They were more interested in the weightloss that can already be seen (yippee!) and the fact that I sat at the dinner table drinking water and eating a toffee bar. We'd all chosen our meals weeks ago (prior to me joining LighterLife) and I'd actually chosen a healthy option - melon, salmon, and cheesecake (well maybe not the cheesecake). It looked gorgeous when it came out but, surprise surprise, I wasn't even tempted. The others on the table shared mine out between them and they just couldn't believe that I could sit there and not eat or drink the wine that was copiously flowing. Did I feel virtuous? You could say that!

Another good thing about last night - I don't have a hangover today. I don't know how many more can say that.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Wow! Well done on the not eating. I'm glad you've shown it can be done, and you even sound as though you had a good time, as I've got a wedding coming up on Friday and a black tie dinner do the following Saturday so will have to follow your lead.

I hope you can get your eye problem sorted. I spoke to the woman who inspired me to do LL over the weekend and she hadn't heard of it from her group so no help there I'm afraid. I think I'd stick it out as long as possible too but it must be a worry. Hang in there.

Thanks for your kind comments about the photo - I liked that one too and there is no offence about the chins - it's only what I was thinking myself!! I mean, if you can't be honest with a fellow (soon-to-be-ex) fattie then who can you be honest with??

chrismars said...

Oooh, I do like your thinking Lesley