Friday 23 February 2007

Day 17

I telephoned LL HO this morning and spoke to a woman in the medical department. She hadn't heard of the eye/rash problem before so went off to speak to somebody. To cut a long story short, they thought it would be a good idea to come off the diet for a week to see if the problem clears up. Then when I go back on the diet, if the patches come up again I'll know that I'm allergic to something in the foodpacks.

But I don't want to come off the diet. 11lbs in 2 weeks, who wants to give up on that?

I've been home today so I've spent most of the day looking up 'rash' and 'lighterlife' on the internet. I saw a couple of references but couldn't make any sense out of the links - they all seemed to be in Yahoo answers and I couldn't find the proper pages. So, I went onto the LighterLife forum in www.minimins.com and posted on there, but with no answers or anyone else suffering the same.

I shall still leave off the raspbery shake though and see if that makes any difference. I can't give up now. I'm into the Programme now and I want it to work. I felt really down this morning but, having made the decision to continue, I feel a little more positive this evening. So long as the rash, or whatever it is, doesn't get any worse I will cope for a while longer. At any rate, hold out until I go to the doctor for the 4 week check.

My company have got their annual dinner-dance tomorrow evening. It's a masquerade ball. I shall have to make sure I wear plenty of make-up and a large mask.......heehee

2 comments:

Lesley said...

I know exactly how you feel. When my doctor said that I should go off the diet becasue my blood pressure had gone up I was really upset as well. I just didn't want to go off the diet which is the first one I feel will work for me in years.

I think you're doing the right thing checking whether it's just the raspberry shake. I'll ask at class on Thursday and see if my Counsellor has heard of anything similar. Certainly no-one in my class has mentioned anything like this.

I hope you find a solution soon and that you have a great time at your ball!

chrismars said...

Thanks Lesley, read Day 19 to find out how the ball went.

I agree with you about this diet being the thing that is going to work. I'm fed up with yo-yoing.