Friday 16 February 2007

Day 10

Can you fall out of ketosis by eating builder's dirt? I certainly hope not. But that's all I was eating yesterday. I went to work Thursday; my office is being refubished and the builders have been in for about 3 weeks. I got home from work in the evening and my teeth felt really gritty. I sure didn't have any trouble drinking all the water though. I'm sure the builders must think I have a bladder problem. If I wasn't almost climbing over them every 20 mins or so to get to the loo, I was asking one of them to wait outside while I went (he was in the ladies fitting the electrics and extractor fan - and we have no gents I could have used in desperation as they have taken that out!!).

I thought I would wear my pedometer to work. I didn't do too well with it though. I only clocked up 1791 steps from the moment I got in the car to go to work to when I came home - and that was with all the loo breaks too! (NB. I'm not being lazy taking the car to work, it's a 19 mile round trip, with no easy public transport links)

So, when we went to Ikea today I thought I would give the pedometer another try, after all I had to beat yesteday's count, didn't I? Well, NO! The flipping pedometer wasn't working properly, was it. It showed I'd only walked 87 steps by 1.00 pm, and that was since I'd got up this morning. There's no way you can walk less than 5 miles around Ikea, just trying to find your way out (hee,hee). I'm wondering ,though, whether the pedometer broke when it flew away from me this morning as I was trying to attach it to my jeans. It landed on a leather sofa. I wouldn't have thought that was enough to break it but I'll take it to the meeting on Tuesday, it could be faulty.

John and Elizabeth wanted to have a lunch of meatballs whilst we were in Ikea (I think that's probably the main reason we went). So we queued for 10 days to get served and then trekked 5 miles to find a table, just for me to sit with a black coffee and the obligatoty bottle of water. But, do you know what, I didn't even mind. I wasn't hungry and even the smell of the food didn't phase me at all. RE-SULT!

I do feel a little peckish this evening though. It's gone off a bit as I've just had a caramel shake as I type this, but I think the hunger pangs are because I'm rather behind on the water today- it's 7.00pm and I've only drank 2 litres. This could also account for why I felt a little queasy and lightheaded in Ikea. I must be sure in future to keep the water coming more regularly.

John and I are off to the Queen's Theatre tomorrow evening. How on earth am I going to be able to sit in the middle of a row for an hour? I'll have to keep my legs well and truly crossed.

We always treat ourselves to a Magnum in the interval. Missing that will be another test of willpower - but I shall hold out. I am sure.........

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey there

Great reading your blog, I started the day after you, the Thursday and am very tempted to start a blog.

Well done on your amazing loss, you're doing GREAT!

I have a tip, try making a cup of Peppermint tea, and then pouring it onto the chocolate powder in another mug, and add more hot water, blend with hand blender, and you have Mint Aero Hot Choc... i had it last night and was in heaven :-)

give it ago,

tom

chrismars said...

Hi Tom, thanks for your comments. I hope you are doing well in your loss as well. I'm sure you must be.

The Mint Hot Chocolate sounds scrummy. I've just had vegetable soup for lunch so I'll have to wait until later but I think I'll treat myself to one of those before I go to the theatre. And I'm also taking a bar with me - it will have to suffice for the Magnum. Ah well!

If you get a blog up and going, please let me know. This is such a big thing we are doing and it demands to be recognised. I intended keeping a diary at first but then thought I would join the 21st century and get up this blog instead.I didn't think I'd have anything to write, but there you go!

Good luck with your journey.

Chris