Thursday 22 February 2007

Day 16

Since Day 2 the lid of my right eye has had red patches on it (nice!). They look a little like eczema patches; I don't suffer from eczema. At first it was just a small patch and when it cleared I put it down to the body detoxing (although I had only been on the diet 1 day!). On the weekend the patches returned with a vengeance. They are bigger and rawer looking. I have been 'artfully' covering my eye with make-up for work but it still shows (from my perspective, anyway) as the eyelid is quite swollen. I didn't think it was worth making an appointment to see my doctor so yesterday afternoon I popped along to see my local pharmasist for his advice. Having told him that I wasn't using any new creams, soaps, detergents or make-up, I said the only difference in my life was the LighterLife Programme. He asked if I was allergic to any fruits (which I'm not) and said that his wife had been on the Programme and was unable to drink the raspberry shake as she came up in a rash. Aaahhh! I've bought 3 raspberry packs for this week, so I'm not going to use them and see if it clears up and if so, then maybe I'll have one as a test to see if the redness comes back - I tell you, I could do without this. But if it's not the raspberry, what next? Your guess is as good as mine.

I've left a message on Heather's answerphone to give me a ring. Maybe she can check with LL HO to see whether there have been any problems with other clients.

Other than the eye, everything else is going well. My work skirt, which I fully admit was very tight just over 2 weeks ago is now getting on the loose side - another 2 weeks and I'll have to invest in a new one. I'll need a whole new uniform soon. There goes some of my clothes expenses. Oh well, what's money, eh?

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Weird about the rash but I hope that is the reason behind it.

It's good when you start to feel the difference in your clothes but it's even better when other people start to see the weight dropping off you. You're not far from that stage so soon you'll be fielding the compliments and really getting the motivating ooomph to carry you through the next few weeks and months.

Keep it up - aren't we doing well??!

chrismars said...

there's more about the eye in Day 17