Tuesday 20 February 2007

Day 14

We had our third meeting this evening. I'd kept to my resolution not to weigh myself at home and was really nervous about being weighed. It's the old nerves we all get whenever we do an 'ordinary' diet, "Oh, please, let there be a loss." But of course with LighterLife, if you keep to the Programme, you will lose. It's just getting your mind around this. I lost 4lbs this week. But, my initial comment to Heather was, "Is that all!". After she stopped laughing I agreed that, Yes, I was pleased - that's 11lbs in 2 weeks! If this had been that 'ordinary' diet I would have been astounded and over the moon. It's amazing how easily we get into expecting so much more with LighterLife.

We started the Transactional Analysis side of the Programme this evening and spoke about the Parent, Adult, Child, egos we all have within us. I must try to make time to research the background of TA and CBT. Most of the girls joined in the discussions. I hope those who were a little less able to give input will come round and feel comfortable enough to speak in the coming weeks. I'm sure this will be the case. The group really seemed to have gelled tonight. The chatter and giggling going on whilst Heather was weighing everyone was so much more spontaneous this week. It was good to see.

I'm going to try the homework exercises this week, including the 'letter to myself'. I'm a little anxious about this one but I shall give it a go. If I have trouble with it though, I shall just return to it another time. I'm not going to beat myself up about it.

Into week 3......

2 comments:

Unknown said...

well done on your great loss!!!! You're doing great!!!!

chrismars said...

Thanks Tom, how are you doing with your journey? Have you decided on your blog yet?