Wednesday 14 February 2007

Day 8

How can you feel disappointed with a 7lb weight loss? That's what I'd lost by last night's first official weigh-in. If it had been any other diet than LighterLife I would have been shouting it from the rooftops. Of course I'm delighted, it's just that after losing 6lbs by Sunday, I had hoped for a little more. I don't believe I'm actually thinking that though. 7lbs is absolutely b****y fantastic and well on track for a stone lose within the next 3 weeks - I should be ashamed of myself!!!

But I'm not ashamed, actually, I'm quitely chuffed with myself. At last I'm taking control. I'm committed to this Programme now and we haven't even started the CBT and TA work yet. (CBT = Cognitive Behavoural Therapy and TA = Tansactional Analysis). I'm rather looking forward to the coming sessions. Five years ago I completed a Basic Counselling Skills course at adult education classes. I really enjoyed the course and would like to have taken it further but I was going through a period of, undiagnosed at the time, depression that was made worse by a recent hysterectomy and the death of my Dad. It will be very interesting to see the counselling sessions in action and be part of the process. I can't wait. I shall say more about the counselling as we go along, without giving any pertinent information as anything said in group is completely confidential and for the group only.

As it's half-term I was really worried how I would cope with Elizabeth at home. She has this habit of saying, "Mum, I'm hu-nnnnngryyy" in a long whiney voice and I'm supposed to just magic something up within 2 minutes. I'm not Nigella Lawson, I'm afraid, so don't have a well-stocked cupboard of healthy foods that would appeal to 12-year olds. But so far she's been fine. This morning she went into the kitchen to prepare beans on toast for herself - never been known. So, I'm sorry, Lizzie, I should have had more faith in you. She wasn't too keen on me starting the LighterLife Programme as she thought I would die not eating, but she has become very supportive over the last week and is showing a good maturity towards what I am doing.

This morning we went over to my friend Lisa. Lisa has lived with my ups and downs in both moods and weights over the last 9 years we have known each other. She says my weightloss is noticing already and my skin is looking really good and clear. Oooh, I always knew she was my BESTEST friend! I could eat her! (but I'm off food, aren't I?). She even started looking LighterLife up on the Internet herself.

All-in-all, not a bad day. And a card from John this morning, with a little rhyme - "roses are red, violets are green (?), loves you if you're cuddly, loves you when your'e thin" aah, bless him!

No comments: