Sunday 11 February 2007

Day 5

I've just got home from my first pop-in session. My ketones were in the perfect place and I've also managed to lose 6lbs in weight!!!!!! I can't believe it. I feel really boosted. Really ready for the week ahead.

Not quite how I felt earlier this morning, though. As most, we have a routine for Sundays. We go to Mass at 9.00am and then drive to Tesco, have breakfast and then do the weekly shop. Even though I had become a little tearful Friday evening, this morning was worse. I wasn't really hungry, but to see everyone tucking into breakfast and me not even being able to have a 'proper' cup of tea, was hard. But not as hard as walking around the shop. I have a probem with shopping when there are a lot of people around; I tend to get rather claustrophobic. And this morning I think the whole of Barking had come out to see how I would cope shopping when I knew I couldn't eat any of it. I wasn't interested in any of the 'rubbish' food, but I would almost have killed for an apple or a nice piece of fish. As I said, I wasn't hungry, it was the mental deprivation that was doing for me.

I therefore went to the LighterLife office this afternoon with rather a heavy heart. But once I walked in and saw Heather and the other girls that were there my mood began to change. Once I'd done my little wee (which is absolutley no problem to do at the moment - I could wee for England!) and that had shown that I was in ketosis and then was weighed, I could feel the tears welling up again. But these were tears of happiness, not frustration or fear of failure as they had been on Friday. I'm quite an emotional person and, embarrassingly for me, my emotions always show through my tearducts.

I had absolutley no problems, therefore, when I got home sitting drinking my vegetable soup(my favourite) whilst John, Elizabeth and Mum (who cooked) sat eating roast pork and all the trimmings.

Long may this feeling continue.........

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Hi Christine. It's nice to know that someone is out there reading it isn't it? You kindly posted on my blog so I thought I'd check yours out too. Good luck with the progress, you certainly sound determined.

Just one thing - can't you persuade your husband to take a more active role in cooking or food shopping? It will be hard if you have to keep going doing it all yourself? I thought I would but now D has taken over nearly everything and it's much easier to focus on what's important, ie. shedding the lbs. D is really not a cooking type of guy but has stepped up so there's hope for anyone!

Anyway, I'll check in from time to time to see how you're getting on.