Tuesday 13 February 2007

Day 7

Nearly a week. It's been a long week but worth it. I'm off to the first weeks weigh-in this evening. I wonder how much more weight I've lost sinceSunday?

Elizabeth's on half-term this week and she wanted to go to Lakeside (our local shopping centre) to get some shoes. So off we went but we only stayed 2 hours and in that time I had to find 2 toilets. We would normally have a lunch out, probably only a sandwich or baggette in a cafe but, of course I couldn't, so Lizzie had a sandwich and Ribena from Boots and we sat outside on a bench, her eating her sandwich and me drinking my obligatory bottle of water. I did miss my cappuccino.

I must ask Heather how others cope with going out. When you have so much water to drink over the course of the day it's very awkward when you're out and about. I took a 50cl bottle with me and then bought another from Boots. I wonder how people manage doing this diet when they're out all the time?

I don't normally like shopping too much - unless it's for shoes. I have small feet (4 - 41/2) so it's easy getting shoes that fit. But clothes are different - I hate shopping for clothes. And looking for something in particular, like a wedding outfit, is horrendous. I did glance at things as I passed them today though, and thought, "not long now". The only thing is, I don't know what suits me anymore. For the last 10 years or so I have worn a lot of clothes by Weekenders, a ladies direct sales company, who up until last summer I was a representative for. The clothes can be quite smart and can all be co-ordinated well, but they all have soft or elasticated waists so are very forgiving of the larger figure. I still wear their clothes now and will continue to when I have lost my weight but I would like to find other clothes to wear as well, and to be honest I don't know where to start. Maybe it will be something we discuss in the meetings. I can't be the only one who doesn't know where to start.

I had a shock whilst I was out. Although it shouldn't really have been a shock. It was on my second toilet visit. I had just washed my hands and turned to look for a drier when I noticed my sideways reflection in a long mirror. Slump! My self-confidence hit the floor. It's always a shock when I see my reflection. And it always upsets me. That's one of the reasons I won't go clothes shopping - the trying on and the mirrors. And the fact that I tell John (when he says why don't I go treat myself) that I will do so when I've lost weight. It doesn't help when he says, "you've been saying that for years". So the boost I got from losing the 6lbs by Sunday needs reinforcing tonight definitely.

I have an extra incentive to lose the weight as well. I've got John to sponsor me. He said he'd do £1 a lb, I said £5, he said £2.50 and I said "Done!". And he has been, 'cos I'll get more out of him for every stone I lose as well, he just doesn't know that yet....hee,hee,hee!

Will speak later....bye

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Hi Christine - I've been wondering what to do about clothes once I'm slim as i have no idea where to go and I decided that I'm going to set a generous budget and then go somewhere nice like Kendals in Manchester on a week day and have an appointment with a personal shopper who will tell me what I look good in and bring me fabulous accessories etc. I'm sure it'll be expensive but hopefully it'll teach me stuff and be a fantastic treat. I might even throw in a hair and make up session!

A friend of mine who lost 6 stone on LL and was my inspiration to join said she sold all her fat clothes on Ebay and made £600 which would be a good start to the spree! if not, you'll have to hope John's £2.50 per lb covers it...

Chin up about the reflection - soon you'll have so much energy that you won't have time to catch yourself in the mirror and you'll be getting skinnier anyway....