Saturday 17 February 2007

Day 11

I feel really cold this afternoon. It's a mild day out. The temperature in the London area is supposed to go to about 14 degrees but I'm sitting in the living room in a cardigan and with the fire on. It was only yesterday evening that I had written in a forum that I hadn't experienced feeling cold at all. How easily was I deceiving myself!

I was at work this morning and all smiles because of the positive comments I was getting from my colleagues. Not only was the weight loss showing but Karen said I looked really fresh and alive. They haven't seen me for a week as I work in a different office on a Saturday to the ones I work in weekdays. I was asked how much I'd lost but could only say, "Well 7lbs up to last Tuesday, and that's just in one week".

I've forced myself not to get on the scales at home this week. I know if the weight loss has slowed down I will be disheartened so, "just for this week", I have decided to wait until I go for the weigh-in on Tuesday to find out how much I have lost. Even if it has slowed down I don't think I'll be that disappointed, because if people are noticing already, and I'm feeling slimmer, and my clothes are not so tight, it must be working.

John has decided that seeing as I am doing LighterLife he will try a little weightloss plan of his own. Well, I haven't exactly seen him cut down on anything much at home (other than he hasn't eaten the large bar of Galaxy in the fridge) but he told me yesterday evening that he has lost 4lbs. Blast him! He's still eating! I'm still cooking family meals - and they're fairly healthy, so how is he losing it? It can't just be the lack of Galaxy chocolate? The only thing I can think of - he's cut down at work. He works in a solicitors practise in the West End of London; there are plenty of little eateries where I know he picks lunch up every day (although I'm always telling him we'll never get rich by making all those places rich). He must be getting less from them, or making better choices. You never know, our bank balance might go up a little as well!

But I'll beat him in the end......hee,hee

2 comments:

Lesley said...

I know what you mean about feeling the cold. After years of never feeling cold and constantly turning the heating down, now I'm a fire and slippers girl. I even kept my jacket on in the pub last night which is unheard of. It's tangible proof that we're burning fat - think of it like that!

Keep up the good work.

chrismars said...

Our counsellor, Heather, said this evening that it's quite normal to feel cold. You're right, it also shows that we're in ketosis apparently.

Thanks for commenting, Lesley. It's good to know there's someone out there who knows what your experiencing. I haven't been on the computer for a few days, so I've not caught up on your blog recently. It's 11.15pm now so I'm off to bed, but I shall hae a read when I get home from work tomorrow. I hope you're still doing well though.

Best wishes, Christine