Tuesday 7 August 2007

Yipee - yay!

2nd weigh-in this evening, and you can guess from the title of this post that things have gone better this week. I've felt for the last couple of days that I'd lost some weight, but was thrilled to find that it was 5lb (that's five pounds!). Way-hay! I feel so much more positive than I did last week. And I've stuck to mainly green again this week so it does work. I've not had a great deal of pasta, maybe if I had then the weight may not have been so great. Trust me though, I have to see some negative - if you can call it that. My negative was that I was only wearing a lightweight summer dress for my weighin; so next week when I'm back with a few more clothes, I might not be so lucky. But, a minor problem!

I wasn't able to stay at class tonight as I had to take Elizabeth to a karate seminar so I went along to an earlier class so I could get home for dinner before going out. Maureen, the class-leader, said that if I'd stayed I'd have been "Slimmer of the Week". I could have done with the sticker (yes, I am still mentally 5 years old) and the bag of fruit. Still, gives me the motivation to lose for next week, doesn't it. And I'd rather have the 5lb loss than a sticker and fruit.

Having missed class, I also missed the dreaded question: "Is there anything to stop you this week?" - We-ell, yes there is! I had to go back to the hospital yesterday evening. My medication ran out last Friday and I went to the GP surgery to ask if I could get some more as I wasn't sure whether I was supposed to continue on the tablets or not. I wasn't able to see my GP until today and as I've been suffering quite a bit of pain, I was advised to contact my Consultant's secretary. I rang her and the Consultant asked me to come straight away for some blood tests. I went back for the results yesterday (if only the NHS worked so swiftly!). It turns out there's a problem with my liver which could be caused by the gall bladder - although the Consultant is doubtful as I'd have other symptoms that weren't obvious. Anyhow, I have to go back on Thursday for another ultrsound scan. When I arrive I'll be given a menu to choose a fatty meal, then they'll do a scan. I then go off and eat my meal and they redo the scan. The thought of a 'fatty meal' was a bit daunting, but apparently it isn't as bad as it sounds and I can have cheese, or cream, or chocolate (!). All on doctor's orders, you understand!

My other possible downfall for this week is Lizzie's birthday. She's 13 on Sunday. A Teenager!!! Oh help! I've booked a table for 8 at Frankie and Benny's. I shall try very hard to be good, but how often am I going to be going out for meals? I'm driving so it'll be diet cokes all the way, so alcohol won't be beckoning to me. Good choices, I think (well, not too bad ones).

Oh, just remembered. Lizzie and I are going out with my sister to get her pressie on Friday and we've already decided to make a day of it, including lunch! Oh,well!

3 comments:

Lesley said...

Well done Chris. That's better isn't it and confirms your faith in sticking with it?

Re the next week, good luck with the medical procedure - I'm sure the fatty meal will be delicious and there are no calories in any meal you are forced to eat - did you not know that??!

Re the others - well - there's no excuse not to make good choices here!! SW is VERY flexible so save up thoe syns and pick your day wisely madam....I'll be watching you...! Maybe not 5lbs next week but at least 1 please.....!!

Good luck and well done again.

Lesley x

chrismars said...

Oh, I'd forgotten that Lesley - the calories fall out, don't they. Thanks so much for reminding me!!!!!

Oh, I'll make good choices with the rest. The motivation is there...

Thanks a lot, my dear

Chris

Melanie said...

Well done Chris, slimmer of the week eh? Good for you!

It was from a blood test they found my gall bladder needed removing. I was in hospital because I couldn't keep food down and had horrendus chest pains whilst pregnant. A blood test showed my liver wasn't functioning properly so they did a scan and found the gallstones.

At least you're getting a proper check out and it sounds like they're really covering all aspects to get you sorted.

Take care,
Mel x