Wednesday 1 August 2007

First week over - that's all I can say really....

Amethyst! So glad to see you still looking in.

First weigh-in not too exciting, I'm afraid. As I said yesterday, I wasn't feeling any lighter. I wasn't feeling that first week of a diet feeling, you know, lighter and almost walking on air because you've suddenly lost a few pounds. Well, the reason I wasn't feeling like that was because I hadn't lost a few pounds, I'd only lost 1/2lb. To say I was disappointed wouldn't be an exaggeration. I wasn't devastated, but I definitely wasn't impressed! With myself really, Not the diet, as I know it works.

I was speaking to Maureen, the class leader, and said that I thought it could be for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I'd done green days all week. I hadn't over-eaten but I have had potatoes or pasta everyday and I found when I did Slimming World in the past that if I had green days the couple of days before weighin then my weightloss was slower. Secondly, the fact that I've been dieting already, albeit rather haphazardly, meant that I wasn't making such a drastic change to the way I've been eating. Thirdly, I'd had my evening meal at 6pm, so maybe that made a difference as well. I also mentioned that I'd recently done LighterLife and I'd read that your metabolic state can be suppressed for some months after coming off the plan (I read that on the minimins forum - I think, apparently, said to someone by her doctor).

Initially, yesterday evening, I was ready to give up thinking what's the point of continuing on a diet for 1/2lb a week, but today I've had time to think annd adjust my mindset. I was going to do red days instead, but I can't keep to them, I'm afraid. I'm not a big meat eater (one reason I'd find Atkins difficult), so I shall do th occasional red day, probably near the end of my weigh week, to give myself as much chance as I can of getting rid of any 'held' water.

So not a good start, but I'm not totally down about it.

I will be talking food a bit more on my blog now so I hope I don't put off any abstainers. But it will be healthy eating, I hope I can be excused then.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Bad luck on the slow weight loss - but still a loss.

Well done for not being discouraged. You need to give it time and it'll come good for you. You CANNOT give up on this journey now when you've maintained some sort of momentum for so long. I know it's been a bumpy rouad for you but you've stuck to it and it will come good for you!!!

Don't worry about the food talk. You've supported us through the packs, we can support you through the food.

Keep at it Chris love, and better luck for next week. How are you with fish - very healthy and not as 'meaty' as meat!!

Lesley x

Melanie said...

Hi Chris,

Wow, slimming world, good for you and remember a loss is still a loss!

You really are wonderful after everything you've been through trying to diet and you're still showing such determination.

Well done!

Mel x