Saturday 18 August 2007

Last day at work...for I don't know how long!

I'm only working Saturdays at the moment as I don't tend to work during the school holidays unless a branch is really desperate. It was my last day for sometime now, though. I've already booked the next 3 Saturdays off as I'm not back from Ireland 'til late next Saturday evening and the following week we're off to a family wedding, and the week after that I'll be getting over the 'do' at John's firm. So it was with some trepidation that I told my line manager that I would be off for a few more weeks. But I needn't have worried as she was lovely about it. She knows I've had health issues over the years and is so happy that I've got the chance of getting it all sorted. So, I may not be back at work until the end of September at the best. Monies going to be a little short for the next couple of months - I'll have to get John to do a few more 8.00ams to midnights!!!!! (only joking, if you read this John!).

Everytime I walk through the doors of the office (ie. every Saturday morning) the girls comment anew about the amount of weight I've lost. Admittedly, they're not all in every week, so they don't see me all the time, but sometimes I don't know quite what to say so I just say 'thank you' and get on. This morning though it was also my hair. You see, on a whim I had it all cut off yesterday. It's a shortish bob(just above chin level) - I feel a bit ...bare...at the moment, but it'll be ok once I wash and style it myself.

I have a new camera that I bought a few weeks ago and was going through my memory cards so that I could clear them ready for the holiday and I came across a picture of John and myself in Cornwall last year. It will be a year next Sunday since the photo was taken and we both look .... quite a bit different. Next Sunday, so long as we remember we're going to put the same clothes on and get Lizzie to take a photo of the same pose of us. I'll then, if I'm brave enough, post it so we can all see the difference a year makes!

I'll say bye for now, as I'll be busy tomorrow getting ready for Monday (I must make sure the house is 'fit' for Mum to come and cat-sit!). I'll try and look in if I get a chance to use Carmel's computer, otherwise I'll speak to everyone when I get back. Have a good week, all.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Isn't it weird how losing weight makes you want to lose hair as well?? I've got a sort of curly bob and feel great about it although it's grown so fast I'll have to go back to the hairdresser after only 4 or 5 weeks!!

I hope you post the picture - I love those contrast shots.

Enjoy your time off Chris.

Lesley x