Friday 10 August 2007

59 Syns!!!!!!

Yes, Mrs, in answer to your question, 59 Syns are a lot. On Slimming World you're allowed between 5 and 15 PER DAY, with most people trying to stick at around 10! Your famous Starbucks coffee lattes are as follows:

Skimmed milk - tall 6
grande 8
venti 10 1/2

Whole milk - tall 10
grande 13 1/2
venti 17

And that's the straight-forward caffe latte, no syrup. Does that put the Syn count into perspective for you?

I felt so nauseous when I got back to Mum's to pick Elzabeth up that I went and laid down while they were having their dinner. I got up to go to the bathroom and tried to make myself sick. I tried the fingers down the back of the throat trick. I've never done that before and I was on my knees in front of the loo trying to gag with the best of them. I wasn't doing something right as it didn't work. Maybe my fingers weren't long enough! Or maybe I was just worried I'd make myself sick!...LOL - I definitely wouldn't make a good bulimic!!

Anyway, I'm going to make up for it today. Before going to the hospital yesterday I picked up a load of fruit from Asda so I'm going to fill up on that all day and I'll also have a salad while we're out shopping. Providing I also have my a and b choices (my milk and cereal) I should be able to reduce some of the harm from yesterday. Well let's hope.

Have a good day, my dear. And go and get that kitchen finished!

3 comments:

Lesley said...

I've never been able to make myself sick!! In my foolish youth, when stricken by the worst hangovers known to man, I occasionally tried to make myself sick knowing that I would feel better but could never do it. I could drink a pint of salt water or stick my hand down my throat nearly to the elbow but still nada! Then the efforts to try would just make me feel even worse. Serves me right eh? I don't miss those hangovers that's for sure!!

I would truly have a been a most incompetent bulimic: binging? - no problem - puking? - sorry, no can do!!

Sorry to make light of a serious subject people!!

Lesley x

Mrs said...

Well, since we're in a jokey mood about something serious. you girls could learn from an expert!

Obviously, it's not a healthy thing to do AT ALL (take it from one who knows how it's done)!

Funnily enough, with hangovers and/or the spinnies (!), someone told me to think about congealed pork fat and it worked every time.

Anyway, that aside, I do see the SYN damage my coffees would be doing. Blimey! And I see what the egg mayo' fest did for you.

Fruit all day - very self-controlled. Let's give you LOTS of positive strokes!!!

Happy Birthday, Lizzie for Sunday.

Big kiss and hugs.

Mrs Lxxxxxx

Melanie said...

Eugh...I could not drink cream! That sounds awful, poor you Chris. No wonder you felt like puking after that.

I can sometimes make myself sick, especially when hungover, which is a rare occasion nowadays, one flick of the fingers in the back of my throat and job's a good un. Although unless feeling ill already, it takes too long.

Following on from what Lesley said about bulimia and beig a serious subject, (which it is). I do think that all too often when considering the topic of eating disorders, people automatically think of anorexia and bulimia and don't always consider people whose eating disorders go the other way and have problems with overeating.

I think it's weird how people wouldn't take the micky out of someone who was painfully thin, yet think nothing of calling an overweight person fatty.

Anyways, well done Chris for getting through yet another unpleasant medical proceedure, I do feel for you cause your body really seems to put you through it.

And yet, you can still be positive and determined so well done!

Mel x