Thursday 2 August 2007

A new week, a new start....

As I said yesterday, I'm not going to be de-motivated by a measly little 1/2lb. It was back on the diet first thing this morning. I actually think that by only having a tiny loss this first week has given me the incentive to keep right on track. It's shown me that I need to keep to the rules if I want to succeed....and I do!

I'm going to keep my syns as close to 5 each day for a few days to make up for last week. I'll also have a couple of red days and I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow night's dinner. It's one of John's favourites - steamed slamon with a mango and chilli dressing (actually a Weight Watchers recipe!)....hmmm

Lizzie and I have been to Lakeside today looking for an outfit for her for my god-daughter's wedding on 1st September. We bought a lovely off-white skirt with a black print band and bow belt from Autograph at M&S, a black top, and a pair of black pumps. She looks very grown up in them. I must say I was a little worried about whether we'd get anything as she's also a little on the big side and too big for children/teenage clothes, but ladies wear doesn't usually fit properly (no boobs to fill out tops and legs too short for normal length trousers).

I do worry about Elizabeth. She was 2 weeks early and 8lb 10oz at birth. She's always been bigger for her age. But she exercises. She does karate 2 or 3 times a week (4 times this week). She swims. She goes out on her bike. She uses the Pilates machine better than I do. It's her birthday next Sunday (12th) and she'll be 13 so her periods should be imminent. I'm hoping that once they arrive she'll slim down a bit.

We've spoken about Slimming World and how it's more a lifestyle change than a diet and I told her that there was a young boy in my class of about 12 years who's been doing the diet for about 3 months with hos mum and lost 1stone 7lbs. She said she'd like to do it, but doesn't want to go to a class. So, we'll have a weigh-in tomorrow morning and have a go and see how long she can last. We can only hope!!

2 comments:

Lesley said...

That's the spirit. You'll get there and I bet you have a better week next week.

As for Lizzie, I suppose being conscious of her health is a good thing and she certainly sound fit with all the exercise she does but it must be hard for you watching her start off on a diet which may lead to a lifetime of them! It's got to be the whole lifestyle thing hasn't it?

Good luck with that.

Lesley x

Mrs said...

Totally agree with Lesley!

One thing, it would be good not to get Lizzie into the diet mentality too early (if at all) - as you say, it's a lifestyle thing and she sounds VERY active! It's tough with girls, though, there is so much (peer) pressure around them.

It sounds like the whole family is benefitting from your recipes so that must be lovely thing to enjoy together.

Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Mrs Lxxxxx