Thursday 9 August 2007

I - Feel - Sick.........

It's nearly 4 hours since my apointment at the hospital but I still feel sick. I'm really sorry everyone but I'm going to have to put down here what happened. For all you abstainers, I apologise in advance, but I assure you, no way can you feel as bad as I did. I arrived and went straight in for an ultrasound of my gall bladder (I was having a gall bladder function test). It lasted for quite a while and I was absolutely covered in that awful jelly stuff.

When I came out of the examination room I was presented with a tray of food to eat and put on the stopwatch - I had 45 minutes. Well! I couldn't believe it! "Do I have to eat all that?", "Yes," replied the ultrasonographer. "What's in that glass?" I asked. "Cream," came the reply. A glass of cream! For someone who only drinks skimmed milk! I wanted to throw up straight away. The rest of the tray consisted of two rounds of egg mayonnaise sandwiches (Wholemeal bread, at least!), a bowl with two scoops of vanilla ice-cream, and to round it off, a 62.5g Mars Bar. (Mrs, you would have been in your element!). I managed to clear the tray in 30 mins and went back to the reception and sat down to await the next ultrasound. I think I must have looked rather green as one of the staff asked if I was OK. When I said I felt a little sick, he asked if I needed a bowl - I tried to laugh and say no thank you.

I then went back in for the second scan. We were almost at the end when my mobile started singing at me, "Can You Feel It?" - the Michael Jackson track - embarrassing to say the least. The doctor said for me to take the call, but I said it was only my husband and I'd speak to him later (I couldn't move anyway as I was covered with jelly again). John didn't get the message though and he rang twice more. It was funny though. The receptionist who was in the room with us as the chaperone laughed and said, "I bet you can feel it." And I could!

Once I left the hospital I sat outside with a glass of water. There was no way I could hit the rush hour traffic feeling as I did.

Anyway, back to see the Consultant next Wednesday afternoon for the results.

One thing though, I'm going to have to be really, really strict with the Syns over the next few days. I hate to think how many my 'fat' meal added up to. I'm not even going tp work it out..................Actually, I just have.....59 Syns!!!!!!

2 comments:

Mrs said...

So sorry you had to go through that hideous procedure although you added A LOT of humour, which made me laugh!

As you rightly observed, I would have indeed been in my element - apart from the cream, I think I could have polished it all off. Egg mayo sarnies? Delish!!!

I'll be keeping everything crossed.

I am proud that you could make light of a stressful situation! Go Chris!!!

Big kiss. Mrs L xxx

PS are 59 syns a lot?!?!?! xxxx

Lesley said...

Yeah - I think I could have enjoyed all of that meal apart from the glass of cream!! That sounds disgusting! Could they have found some nicer lard for you to chow down on??

Hope the results aren't too bad and will have fingers crossed for you.

Lesley x