Sunday 12 August 2007

Liz's birthday

We've had a lovely day today. Elizabeth was up before 7 this morning getting herself ready for HER day. I heard the shower running and thought it was Mum in there, but NO!, it was 'birthday girl'. So we were all up early.

She got 19 cards, £150.00, loads of pressies, and a stream of visitors. Quite a hectic day.

Then late afternoon we headed off to the restaurant for the meal. Once you're all eating again, I'd recommend Frankie and Benny's. The food was good (New York Italian - altho' I don't know how authentic!), the service fine, with polite cheerful staff. Actually, a couple of the waiters were 'an eye to behold'. I took a birthday cake with me and they placed balloons on the back of Elizabeth's chair then brought the cake out at the end of the meal and sang 'Happy Birthday' and 'Congratulations' - Elizabeth was very happy!

I was very good with my choices. No starter. Lamb shanks for main, with mashed potatoes and vegetables - rosemary and mint gravy on the side (hmmmmmm! -syn-ful, but scrummy). No dessert. Half a glass of white wine. A slither of birthday cake. You'd all be really proud of me!! So OK, the Syn count would definitely have been over 15, but I shouldn't think it would be too bad. The main thing is, I ate 'consciously'. I thought about what I was going to have; I knew the main course would have been 'syn-ful' - the fat in the gravy and the cream or butter in the potatoes, but I really wanted that dish, so I compensated for it. I think that's a lesson everyone should take on board. Know the damage that could be done to the diet, and limit it as much as possible, but also ENJOY!

I'm definitely trying to keep in the Slimming World zone. I don't expect to loose much, or anything, on Tuesday although I will admit I'll be upset if I put on. But I can't berate myself for not trying to keep on track with all that's been going on this week.

Hope everyone has a good week. I'm off to bed now. Night, night!

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Well done for keeping your head on track and I'm glad Liz had a good birthday!

Can you fit in any exercise between now and weigh in to try and offset some of the damage that has been done byt hte Fatty meal? That might help stave off a gain??

Good luck.

Lesley x

chrismars said...

Come on, Lesley!!!!!!!! It's me you're talkig to!