Saturday 14 July 2007

Oh, he's such a charmer!

Saturday today, so it was off to work this morning. I really do feel more at home at this Branch. I'm only there for 3 - 4 hours a week but I've been there 11 years (the longest than anyone else) and I had been on the Management team there in the 1980's when i'd worked full-time, so it feels more like 'my branch'.

We were fairly quite this morning, I don't know where the customers were; they're normally queuing out the door! So we had time for a little banter between ourselves. Anyway, I was sitting minding my own business, when Kom, the newer young lad whispers, 'You're looking fit today, Chris!'. Well, you could have knocked me down with a feather. I laughed, told him he was 'naughty' and that I was old enough to be his mother. That didn't stop him though, he prefers the 'older woman' apparently. Cheered me up though!!

I'm off out to a dinner-dance tonight. It's the staff do for Liz's school, where I'm a Governor. So I'll have a glass of wine for each and everyone of you. Red or white?

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Red for me ta, Chris!

Lads eh - incorrigible....

You sound a bit more chrioy today so i hope you have (or had) a lovely evening.

Lesley x

Lesley said...

I meant cheery!! "chiory" - it should mean something but I can't say what!!