Thursday 5 July 2007

Meal out last night

Yesterday was the day out for my temp branch. They had all decided to have lay-ins then meet at 1pm to go bowling, then to the cinema to see Shrek 3 and then to Frankie & Benny's for a meal. I'd decided to only go to the meal in the evening so met everyone at the restaurant at 7pm.

We'd already pre-ordered our meals a few days ago and I thought I'd start with a Mushroom Alfredo (in a thick cheese sauce) which I'd had at another F&B chain before Christmas and it was really delicious and thinking I'd indulge myself again. How wrong could I be; it was revolting, badly presented and very liquidy - Ugh! The main course, lamb shank in a mint gravy with steamed veg and creamed potatoes was yummy though (I want the recipe!). Unfortunately though, I followed the pack, had a glass of red wine and then finished off the evening with an ice-cream sundae.

I haven't eaten so much since I started eating properly again and did I know it! I couldn't move, felt so bloated and uncomfortable. I hadn't gone mad and had seconds or anything like that, it's just that my stomach doesn't seem to like too much in one go any longer. I should listen to it in future as well as one of the hospital guidelines I have to follow is no large meals, and no eating 4 hours before going to bed. I wish I'd followed that last night. By the time I got home I felt awful. Even the wine had gone to my head (and sorry folks, but I was driving - I normally allow myself one glass and that's it).

I still felt uncomfortable when I got up this morning but it's worn off during the day. But note to self: no more 3 course meals, stick to starter and main, or main and dessert. Eyes are definitely bigger than tummy now.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

After CN Tower, I know how that goes! I didn't push my luck after that and managed to avoid feeling horrible in Canada but, if I had 3 meals in a day (even reasonable sized ones), I felt a bit bloated by bedtime so I think I need to only have a snack for one meal each day or a salad or something very light.

So, we're better off already!!

Hope you had a good time anyway and learned a valuable lesson for the future??

Have fun chuck.

Lesley x

Claire Elliott said...

Hi Chris,

It's amazing how your stomach shrinks, it does you good to remember the downside to overeating though!! I have just sat downstairs with a litre of water and caught up on your blog.. sorry I have not been around for a while. It is so difficult for you when you have come off LL or any VLCD, I'm really struggling to get the 3 stone off, like you are struggling to get into the 11 stones! It is so hard when you have to choose food. I have never however known anyone persevere as much as yourself, you deserve a medal with everything that has gone on.. I can understand a little of the problems you are having, I find it hard enough to cope with my one condition never mind everything else you have gone through! I have started the water again even though I'm eating and I think it has made a real difference the last couple of days.. Back to basics I suppose! Hope things improve and you see good result on the scales on Monday!!

Love Claire :o)